The 13 Best Matcha Recipes for Major Magic
There always seems to be a new *it* food running around town. The celebs and their trainers can’t get enough of it, it’s all over the Internet… and we want in. Now, enter the wonderfully beneficial world of matcha. What’s that, you say? Matcha is finely ground, high-quality green tea, in the form of a vibrant and colorful powder you can add to pretty much anything. And the benefits? The list seems to go on and on and on. Loaded with antioxidants, this powder is believed to fight cancer, help with weight loss, boost memory and concentration, improve cholesterol and more. We searched for the best of the best matcha recipes (so you can feel your best) and found 13 we know you’ll L-O-V-E. So, matcha waiting for?
2. Matcha Yogurt Breakfast Bowl: They always say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and this recipe featuring your choice of yogurt, fruit and nuts will make you a true believer. Plus, you can’t deny how bright and happy this bowl looks. (via Food to Glow)
5. Mango Matcha Smoothie: For the gal on the go, simply add mango, banana, almond milk, OJ and matcha to a blender. And just like that, you have a deliciously healthy smoothie. Take that, juice company on the corner that charges $10. (via The Roasted Root)
6. Green Tea Cupcakes With Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting: You won’t feel bad licking the frosting bowl clean with this recipe. After all, you’re doing it for all the health benefits, right? Impress your friends by placing these yummy cupcakes in some fortune cupcake holders. (via Damn Delicious)
7. Matcha Mint Juleps: Need a little liquid courage? This mint julep with a dose of matcha will instantly make you feel fancy. Put it in this glass to take your fancy to new levels (if that’s even possible). (via The Bojon Gourmet)
9. Matcha Morning Muffins: Rise and shine, it’s matcha time. Start your morning off right by going green thanks to these muffins. With bananas, flax seed, pistachios and matcha powder, you’ll feel like a total health nut before even leaving your house. (via Healthy Happy Life)
10. Matcha Tiramisu: Did someone say dessert? You (and your sweet tooth) will enjoy this tiramisu with a twist. It’s SO good you’ll forget you’re actually eating something healthy. (via Oh, How Civilized)
11. Matcha Coconut Latte: We like this a latte. Yes, we went there. Say goodbye to your boring, standard lattes. This beverage pretty much has two ingredients: matcha and coconut milk. Whisk ’em together to pure perfection. (via Love & Lemons)
12. Matcha Pancakes: Ditch the pancake regret. You can have as many of these as you want and not feel guilty. Parents, your kids will love the fun green color, and you’ll love that they’re good for them. Everyone wins. (via Diane, A Broad)
13. Matcha White Chocolate Sugar Cookies: Care for some sugar? Make these for your next gathering and you’ll be crowned hostess of the year before you know it. Especially if you decorate them with your own personal cookie stamp. (via Bon Appétit)
Are you ready to jump on the matcha train? Tell us what you’ll be making in the comments below.