If you thought matcha was just another healthy food trend, think again. The concentrated green tea is here to stay, and is continuing to *kill* the Pinterest game. There are plenty of energy boosting matcha recipes to get you through your day, and even more matcha recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s a good thing you can never have too much of a good thing, right? Check out these 19 totally pin-able recipes that are almost as beautiful as they are delicious.
1. Matcha Green Tea Donuts: In a blind taste test, the vegan version of this recipe won out over the traditional. We love the addition of the green tea icing, KitKats and Pocky toppings. Matcha everything, all the time. (via Brit + Co)
2. Dirty Matcha Latte: Combine coffee and tea to really ramp up your caffeine fix. This latte gets dirty from the addition of chocolate and torched marshmallows on top. Maybe this isn’t a replacement for your daily cuppa, but it sure makes that afternoon coffee break look sweet!
3. Matcha Green Tea Banana Ice Cream: This three-ingredient ice cream is so healthy, it’s totally acceptable to eat for breakfast. No matter when you decide to eat this, that stunning emerald hue is sure to bring a smile to your face. (via Oh How Civilized)
4. Iced Matcha Green Tea Watermelon: Once you try this refreshing drink, you’ll want to keep it in your fridge at all times. You could even add a bit of sake to make it a cocktail if you like. (via Oh How Civilized)
5. Matcha White Chocolate Bark With Coconut and Raspberries: There’s something about green and red that is so pleasing to the eye. This bark is not only beautiful, but also a tasty gift for just about anyone. (via Milly’s Kitchen)
6. Coconut Matcha Smoothie: Matcha for breakfast is ideal because it provides you with a slow energy burn without the jitters that coffee can give you. You can incorporate different fruits into your smoothie, but banana and coconut work really well with the green tea flavor. (via Heart of a Baker)
7. Matcha Cupcakes With Matcha Frosting: Monochromatic cupcakes have never looked so chic and ready for a summer bake sale. Whip these up for your healthy foodie friend’s birthday and decorate with your favorite green sprinkles. (via Joy’s Cozy Oven)
8. Iced Coconut Matcha Latte: Blend the matcha before combining it with milk to give it a frothy texture similar to a classic latte. If you like more of a frappe consistency, you can blend with ice before serving. (via Sprinkle of Green)
9. Green Tea Macarons: There’s no need to be intimidated by homemade macarons. They’re a lot easier to prepare than they look, and you can even print out easy templates for piping your cookies. These would be lovely for a shower or afternoon tea. (via The Lazy Table)
10. Matcha and Strawberry Layer Cake With Mascarpone Filling: You can never have too many cake recipes in your arsenal, and you definitely don’t have anything like this one. It’s so fresh and organic, it would even make a beautiful wedding cake for a garden reception. (via Supergolden Bakes)
11. Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding: Whether you’re making it as a snack or an overnight breakfast, this paleo chia pudding is sure to satisfy. Enjoy this before your gym sesh and you’ll have all the energy you need to succeed. (via Fearless Dining)
12. Matcha Donuts: Don’t be afraid to mix something healthy with something not so healthy. If you have to eat a donut, you might as well lessen the guilt by adding a ton of antioxidants. (via Bon Appétit)
13. Blueberry Matcha Granola Bars: In just 30 minutes, you can make a superfood-packed snack that you can take to work all week. These granola bars are nut-free and vegan, so you can share them with anyone (if you don’t eat them all yourself). (via Simply Sissom)
14. Matcha Power Hummus: This hummus is so much more than a dip — it’s a protein-filled power snack that will keep you full for hours. This will keep in the fridge for up to a week, but good luck getting it to last that long. (via Two Purple Figs)
15. Vegan Chocolate Sandwich Cookies With Matcha Cashew Filling: If you’re tired of the same old cookie recipe, these vegan sandwiches could be your savior. The matcha cashew filling is so addictive, you’ll find any excuse to make them. (via The Baker Who Kerns)
16. Matcha Vanilla Latte: Back to where it all started. The matcha latte is most likely where you first heard of and began to love that finely milled green tea. This latte is as classic as they come, with the exception of a tiny bit of vanilla. (via Chopstick Chronicles)
17. Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl: Gut health is important to everyone, and everything in this bowl will help you achieve belly bliss. On top of that, your immunity will be supported and your metabolism will be boosted. What a perfect way to start your day, eh? (via The Healthy Chef)
18. Vegan Matcha Cheesecake: The combination of soaked cashews and vegan cream cheese makes this cheesecake filling ultra luxurious. Dust the top with additional matcha and fresh fruit to complete this guilt-free dessert. (via Crazy Vegan Kitchen)
19. No-Bake Green Tea Cheesecakes: If no-bake mini cheesecakes are more your style, then these little guys are calling your name. They’re made like traditional cheesecake, so if you’re not vegan you need to give these a try STAT. (via Good Morning Cali)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.