Fruits, veggies and a daily glass of wine? Sounds like a diet we can get behind. Drop regular diet stress by simply eating what’s natural, the Mediterranean way. It’s easy to nail this cuisine, you just have to go for unprocessed foods (that still taste wonderful btw), control your portions and, most importantly, make sure to focus on chow worth really enjoying. Then, just make the most of it. These 25 ripe and delicious recipes will keep your heart beating healthily — maybe even forever!
1. Creamy Caprese Quinoa Bake: Talk about comfort food that’s actually good for you. While cheese isn’t exactly a member of the Mediterranean club, you can use light cream for this recipe to make it diet-approved. (via Half Baked Harvest)
2. Eggplant With Tomato Compote, Toasted Almond and Mint: This is one for all the Paleos out there — nothing but natural ingredients. (via An Edible Mosaic)
3. Balsamic Chicken With Honey Roasted Tomatoes: Chicken and fish are the accepted meats in this white-meat-friendly diet. While meat intake is only suggested once a week, there are about a billion ways to make that day’s meal ultra-tasty. (via The Realistic Nutritionist)
6. Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea + Quinoa Salad With Jalepeño Dressing: This might be the most filling meatless salad of all time. (via My Darling Lemon Thyme)
12. Tabouleh: This dish may look simple but there’s a lot going on in there. What’s more? It’s a mix of herbs and veg that can be had all year long. So you can enjoy it no matter if there’s snow on the ground or sun in the sky. (via No Recipes)
14. Grilled Greek Chicken Salad: Greek salad may seem like an obvious choice for this roundup, but this one is different. This one is served chicken-salad style, aka it’s irresistible. (via How Sweet Eats)
15. Lamb Burgers + Watermelon Salad: The Mediterraneans say red meat is okay once a month. But once you have this delicious looking watermelon salad and lamb burger combo you might be sneaking in a second helping before the 30 days are up. (via Souvlaki for the Soul)
19. Smokey Eggplant Puree With Pine Nuts and Urfa Pepper: DIY baba ghanoush sounds good to us. (via Lottie + Doof)
21. Fresh Tomato Salad With Smoked Blue Cheese: Substitute blue cheese for feta or cottage cheese to make a true heart-healthy dish. Or if you really want, you can go ahead and stick with the blue cheese. This blogger raves about the combo. And since tomatoes are so good for you, it all evens out, right? (via Foodie with Family)
What other Mediterranean-inspired dishes get your heart thumping? Spread the health in the comments below!