Diet Shmiet: 30 Easy Ways to Detox
We’re just going to come out and say it: Diets are overrated. Sometimes, all you need is a healthy jolt to your system — one that cleanses, purifies, and can boost your metabolism. To get you started, we found 30 detoxifying recipes guaranteed to rid your body of the bad stuff. So incorporate these bites into your non-diet, monitor your portions, start a fitness regimen that works, and say hello to a healthy and fit 2014.
2. Ginger Tea: Remember when your mom would give you ginger ale when you had the flu? There’s a reason for that. Ginger settles the stomach. What’s more? It flushes waste and boosts metabolism. Drink a glass of ginger tea daily to keep the tummy happy. (via Vegetarian Times)
3. World’s Best Guacamole Recipe: Avocados are fiber-rich and help flush the colon, so now you have an excuse for those extra large scoops of guacamole. Pro tip: Leave the avocado pit in the guac to keep it from turning brown. (via Tree Hugger)
7. Basil: An anti-bacterial powerhouse, basil is also rich in antioxidants that protect your liver. Incorporate a fresh sprig into your next salad for an extra detoxifying boost — and added flavor. (via Huffington Post)
8. Cinnamon Stick Tea: Rich in iron, calcium, and manganese, cinnamon helps stabilize blood sugar. Brew a cup of cinnamon tea, or sprinkle the freshly ground spice in yogurt or oatmeal for a snack that’s antioxidant rich. (via Bigelow Tea)
15. Quick and Easy Flaxseed Granola: We like anything quick and easy in the kitchen. This detoxifying granola will make a great breakfast, especially if you add sesame seed and goji berries to the mix. (via Feed Me, Seymour)
19. Raw Onions: Don’t let these tear-inducing bulbs fool you. They’re packed with amino acids that help cleanse the liver. Add fresh slices to your next salad, or enjoy a tasty onion-rich bruschetta. (via Huffington Post)
20. Crunchy Sesame Seed Candy: Sure, “candy” is in the name, but there’s nothing unhealthy about this sweet snack. Bonus: The recipe calls for two other antioxidant ingredients: cinnamon and ginger. Done and done. (via Food)
22. Broccoli Slaw: Broccoli can help lower your cholesterol, which means so can this slaw. Pro Tip: For extra detoxifying power, swap the almonds for sesame seeds and replace dried cranberries with dried goji. (via Smitten Kitchen)
How do you plan to cleanse and purify? Share your favorite detox recipes below.
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!