Channel Your Inner Ariel With These Mermaid-Inspired Swimsuits
It seems the world is having quite the love affair with all things mermaid this summer. We’ve all had those moments when we try to hack our way to life under the sea. Who doesn’t remember bathtub time when we pretended to be Ariel from The Little Mermaid? These days, it’s infinitely easier to turn your mermaid dreams into a reality with mermaid blankets, mermaid-themed parties and even mermaid swimsuits you can DIY. And you best believe our mermaid obsession reached new heights when we found out about the swimwear line dedicated to mermaids! If you don’t want to go full-on Splash! this summer, take a peek at some statement-making swimwear that will have you rushing to the beach stat. Now if only we could find some thing-a-ma-bobs to go with…
1. Nic Del Mar White Mermaid Bikini ($186): Get your sea siren on with a scalloped strapless bikini top and delicate bottoms that serve as the perfect homage to our ocean-dwelling inspiration. The white swimsuit really makes your hard-earned summer tan pop, while the clamshell cups remind people who really rules the beach.
2. Margarita Mermaid Just Peachy Bikini Top ($38) and Bottoms ($38): Don’t be ashamed of thinking this seashell bathing suit with adorable ties is just too darn cute to wear in the pool. Even Ariel would choose to stay on land if it meant the chance to show off this stunner.
3. Boohoo Egypt Mermaid Scoop Front + Back Swimsuit ($30): Move over, blondes — everyone knows mermaids are having all the fun in 2016. Hit that point home in this royal purple statement bathing suit in the silhouette of the season for a look that’s as cheeky as it is chic.
4. Pull&Bear Shell Shape Bikini Top ($23) and Double Straps Bottoms ($20): Get your femme fatale on in this seashell bikini top that offers just a dash of mermaid charm. The structured cups give added support to a trendy style that is so RN. Wear this stunner poolside or throw on a kimono coverup to check all the summertime sartorial boxes.
5. Private Party Mermaid Swimsuit ($98): Sometimes you just wanna keep it trendy without all the bells and whistles — err, shells and scales? Let ’em know what you’re all about without an ounce of confusion in this suit that spells it all out.
6. Wildfox Mermaid Shell Top ($110): Make your dreams of becoming a sea nymph a reality in a bikini top that was made for swimming among the coral reefs. This multicolored bikini top is sure to help you find your own Prince Eric — or at least look cute while catching some rays.
7. Boohoo Nice Shell Placement Scoop Cross Back Swimsuit ($30): Hit the waves or chill seaside in this marine-themed one-piece swimsuit. The gorgeous purple hue will make you stand out in the crowd, and the deep v-neck is sexy AF.
8. Missguided Sea Shell Mesh Bikini Set ($45): Get your mer-babe on with this peek-a-boo mesh bikini set. The pale peach mesh and strategically placed seashells show just the right amount of skin while guaranteeing all eyes will be on you this season.
Need more bathing suit inspiration? Visit us on Pinterest for more!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.