The resurgence in popularity of mid-century modern furniture often means original pieces come with a hefty price tag. Before you drop a few grand on a mahogany credenza, check out these DIY furniture makeovers that got the look for less — way less.
1. MCM Lounge Chair Reupholster: All the chairs you leave behind when thrifting *could* look this good. (via Dream Green DIY )
2. Side Table Makeover: You’ve seen about a million of these old tables, but you’ve never seen their full potential until now. Just add a little gold dip to take something to the next level. (via Sarah Hearts )
3. Pink Mid-Century Inspired Sofa Makeover: This millennial pink IKEA hack = a stylish and budget-friendly DIY. Plus you can dye it any color you want in case you’re not super into pastels. (via Melodrama )
4. MCM Side Table Hack: Adding depth and dimension to furniture always creates visual interest. This piece shows how you can do it while getting the mid-mod look for a fraction of the cost. (via Reality Daydream )
5. MCM Dresser DIY: A fresh coat of paint and updated hardware go a long way with furniture that has good bones and clean lines. (via A Vintage Splendor )
6. Glossy Blue Radio Makeover: Take your stained and ratty 1960s stereos to the next level with glossy paint and a wallpaper appliqué. (via PMQ for Two )
7. DIY Tripod Side Table: You’ll never guess what this table is made of, or that it’s as easy on the wallet as it is on the eyes. (via Sugar & Cloth )
8. Bright RAST Hack: Chubby furniture legs and overlays give this big box store find a punchy mid-century look. (via Bliss at Home )
9. IKEA Bar Hack: A cabinet bar made from a cupboard solves the issues of space and clutter in an effortless way. (via Brittany Makes )
10. Painted Vintage Sideboard: A strategic paint choice is all this sideboard needed — and a little bit of TLC, of course. (via Visual Heart )
11. IKEA Sideboard Hack: Instead of hiding the laminate wood grain, let it shine with modern gold details. (via Kristi Murphy )
12. Saucer Chair Makeover: Make sure you snag the next saucer chair you see because, with fab makeover potential like this, you’ll want a pair for your living room. (via Lonny )
13. Office Credenza Upgrade: Custom cut overlays completely transform an old office credenza. Oh, and the fresh coat of paint doesn’t hurt either. (via Sarah M. Dorsey Designs )
Show us your MCM furniture projects by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!