13 Mid-Century Modern Furniture Makeovers You Have to See to Believe
The resurgence in popularity of mid-century modern furniture often means original pieces come with a hefty price tag. Before you drop a few grand on a mahogany credenza, check out these DIY furniture makeovers that got the look for less — way less.
1. MCM Lounge Chair Reupholster: All the chairs you leave behind when thrifting *could* look this good. (via Dream Green DIY)
2. Side Table Makeover: You’ve seen about a million of these old tables, but you’ve never seen their full potential until now. Just add a little gold dip to take something to the next level. (via Sarah Hearts)
3. Pink Mid-Century Inspired Sofa Makeover: This millennial pink IKEA hack = a stylish and budget-friendly DIY. Plus you can dye it any color you want in case you’re not super into pastels. (via Melodrama)
4. MCM Side Table Hack: Adding depth and dimension to furniture always creates visual interest. This piece shows how you can do it while getting the mid-mod look for a fraction of the cost. (via Reality Daydream)
5. MCM Dresser DIY: A fresh coat of paint and updated hardware go a long way with furniture that has good bones and clean lines. (via A Vintage Splendor)
6. Glossy Blue Radio Makeover: Take your stained and ratty 1960s stereos to the next level with glossy paint and a wallpaper appliqué. (via PMQ for Two)
7. DIY Tripod Side Table: You’ll never guess what this table is made of, or that it’s as easy on the wallet as it is on the eyes. (via Sugar & Cloth)
8. Bright RAST Hack: Chubby furniture legs and overlays give this big box store find a punchy mid-century look. (via Bliss at Home)
9. IKEA Bar Hack: A cabinet bar made from a cupboard solves the issues of space and clutter in an effortless way. (via Brittany Makes)
10. Painted Vintage Sideboard: A strategic paint choice is all this sideboard needed — and a little bit of TLC, of course. (via Visual Heart)
11. IKEA Sideboard Hack: Instead of hiding the laminate wood grain, let it shine with modern gold details. (via Kristi Murphy)
12. Saucer Chair Makeover: Make sure you snag the next saucer chair you see because, with fab makeover potential like this, you’ll want a pair for your living room. (via Lonny)
13. Office Credenza Upgrade: Custom cut overlays completely transform an old office credenza. Oh, and the fresh coat of paint doesn’t hurt either. (via Sarah M. Dorsey Designs)
Show us your MCM furniture projects by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!