12 Stunning Minimalist Wedding Dresses
We hear “less is more” pretty often, and when it comes to wedding dresses, sometimes the ol’ saying could not be truer. If you’re not feeling puffy gowns, heavy beading or ornate French lace, a break from the “more is more” motto can be a breath of fresh air. From an understated silk slip to a Solange-inspired jumpsuit, these subtle and elegant dresses are perfect for the minimalist and fashion-forward bride-to-be.
1. & For Love Dani Dress ($2,589): This no-fuss wedding dress with a sexy bare back can be styled with delicate accessories.
2. River Island Pleat Front Shift Dress ($91): An understated dress like this one is perfect for a city wedding. It’s got sweet details: pockets (always a plus!), metal neck detailing and a hint of peek-a-boo back.
3. COS Chiffon Dress ($51): This subtly sheer chiffon dress in a light beige comes modernly designed and with a minimal price tag too.
4. Houghton Cheyne Dress ($2,450): A long silk gown with sexy cuts is the dress of a trendy-yet-minimalist bride’s dreams.
5. Alexander Wang Column Dress ($1,295): Classic but modern, this gorgeously simple Alexander Wang dress puts all the attention on you, not your dress.
6. Lanvin Ruffled Satin Twill Gown ($5,150): Is your formal wedding at a cathedral or a five-star hotel? Go with the classic dress that’s simple in the front and cascading with satin ruffles in the back.
7. ASOS Jumpsuit with Clean Bandeau ($47): Modern, elegant and fuss-free, this wedding one-piece is great for the bride who enjoys both comfort and style.
8. Houghton Galina Dress ($2,950): Simple, yet romantic, this full-skirted gown can be dressed down with barely-there heels and delicate silver jewelry (to match the Swarovski crystal buttons, of course!).
9. Lovers + Friends Spencer Tuxedo Dress ($214): A boyfriend blazer-like dress with an asymmetric zipper will add some fun and offbeat style to your city hall nuptials.
10. Warehouse Metallic Shift Dress ($132): Shiny yet subtle, this simply cut shift dress can be styled and accessorized in so many ways.
11. Roland Mouret Ella Wool-Crepe Gown ($4,160): All about class? This gown only needs a gold cuff to complete the look.
12. ONE by Contrarian Babs Bibb Maxi Dress ($425): Having a chic beach wedding? Try a dress with a summery bare back and spaghetti straps.
Which understated wedding dress would you want to walk down the aisle in? Tell us in the comments below!