12 Stunning Minimalist Wedding Dresses
We hear “less is more” pretty often, and when it comes to wedding dresses, sometimes the ol’ saying could not be truer. If you’re not feeling puffy gowns, heavy beading or ornate French lace, a break from the “more is more” motto can be a breath of fresh air. From an understated silk slip to a Solange-inspired jumpsuit, these subtle and elegant dresses are perfect for the minimalist and fashion-forward bride-to-be.
1. & For Love Dani Dress ($2,589): This no-fuss wedding dress with a sexy bare back can be styled with delicate accessories.
2. River Island Pleat Front Shift Dress ($91): An understated dress like this one is perfect for a city wedding. It’s got sweet details: pockets (always a plus!), metal neck detailing and a hint of peek-a-boo back.
3. COS Chiffon Dress ($51): This subtly sheer chiffon dress in a light beige comes modernly designed and with a minimal price tag too.
4. Houghton Cheyne Dress ($2,450): A long silk gown with sexy cuts is the dress of a trendy-yet-minimalist bride’s dreams.
5. Alexander Wang Column Dress ($1,295): Classic but modern, this gorgeously simple Alexander Wang dress puts all the attention on you, not your dress.
6. Lanvin Ruffled Satin Twill Gown ($5,150): Is your formal wedding at a cathedral or a five-star hotel? Go with the classic dress that’s simple in the front and cascading with satin ruffles in the back.
7. ASOS Jumpsuit with Clean Bandeau ($47): Modern, elegant and fuss-free, this wedding one-piece is great for the bride who enjoys both comfort and style.
8. Houghton Galina Dress ($2,950): Simple, yet romantic, this full-skirted gown can be dressed down with barely-there heels and delicate silver jewelry (to match the Swarovski crystal buttons, of course!).
9. Lovers + Friends Spencer Tuxedo Dress ($214): A boyfriend blazer-like dress with an asymmetric zipper will add some fun and offbeat style to your city hall nuptials.
10. Warehouse Metallic Shift Dress ($132): Shiny yet subtle, this simply cut shift dress can be styled and accessorized in so many ways.
11. Roland Mouret Ella Wool-Crepe Gown ($4,160): All about class? This gown only needs a gold cuff to complete the look.
12. ONE by Contrarian Babs Bibb Maxi Dress ($425): Having a chic beach wedding? Try a dress with a summery bare back and spaghetti straps.
Which understated wedding dress would you want to walk down the aisle in? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)