12 Modern + Colorful Quilts to Brighten Up Your Bedroom for Spring
After the Great Spring Cleaning Bedroom Purge of 2016, a fresh quilted duvet is just the reward you deserve for your hard work. You heard that right: quilted! And while you may have loved that quilt that reminds you of Grandma, it’s easy to achieve a more contemporary look to suit *your* tastes. Channel those bright spring colors and patterns with a quilt that’s made from lightweight cotton to provide just the airy and colorful spring bed cover you’ve been searching for. A seriously vibrant bedroom centerpiece is just a click away — take your pick from these 12 modern and colorful quilts that are sure to brighten up your bedroom.
1. Modcloth It’d be My Desert Quilt Set ($150): This Southwestern-inspired cotton quilt set puts all previous notions of quilts to rest. Its seriously colorful striped design no doubt draws eyes, solidifying your bed as the bright centerpiece to your bedroom.
2. West Elm Hand-Blocked Triangle Quilt + Shams ($34+): No two hand-blocked triangle quilts are exactly the same. The bold triangular pattern in this beauty plays up the geometric trend while its bold crystal blue and green colors bring to mind a water and forest scene.
3. West Elm Hand-Blocked Double Geo Quilt + Shams ($34+): Bring a little springtime warmth into your bedroom — this horseradish yellow quilt has a pattern reminiscent of golden honey combs. Made of 100% cotton, this hand-quilted comforter is just what you need to rise and shine.
4. Anthropologie Tahla Quilt ($168+): Channel the beautiful colors and whimsical patterns of North Africa with this Moroccan-inspired quilt. Featuring a pattern of arching neutrals and bright colors, this quilt doesn’t play games when it comes to eye-catching patterns. Let it take center stage in a room that’s otherwise decorated with whites and soft neutrals for a feminine bohemian aesthetic, or go bold with solid shades pulled directly from the quilt’s palette. Either way, you’re on the right track.
5. Modcloth Sprightly Sights Quilt Set ($150): This quilt’s vivid print makes sure your bedcovers energize your day from the get-go. A bright paisley pattern against a white background is sure to stand out and brighten up those groggy early mornings. Play up any of the colors in this print with solid sheets, and toss a complementary throw pillow (or three) onto the bed for an added coziness factor.
6. Anne Lehmann Sprinkle Quilt Blush ($125): Nothing is more modern than an abstract print, such as the sprinkles on this peachy quilt. Its lightweight cotton and polyester material will make sure you stay warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot. Let Pantone’s colors of the year spruce up your bedroom and pair your quilt with navy blue sheets.
7. Intelligent Design Minnet Reversible Quilt Set ($50+): Give the paisley print a contemporary twist with this bold orange and blue patterned quilt. White vertical stripes separate the pops of paisley, giving the bedcover a unique look without overwhelming the room.
8. West Elm Hand-Blocked Striped Geo Quilt + Shams ($34+): A beehive pattern in bright mandarin orange provides a fun, colorful look for spring. Pair with similar white, orange and gray pillows for a complementary finish.
9. Heart to Heart Quilts Blue + Gray Throw Quilt ($135+): This reversible handmade set can be customized to include different printed fabrics per request, but the solid bright blue or contemporary blue and gray chevron patterns will feel just like a warm spring sky. Pair it with yellows to give your room a fun floral feel.
10. Anthropologie Bisbita Quilt ($178+): Here’s a brilliant blue quilt that’s perfect for the modernist’s bedroom. The blanket’s whimsical print practically chirps like the birds outside your window. Play up the natural elements with wood accessories and white textiles in the rest of the room.
11. Anthropologie Cazorla Quilt ($198+): Made of super soft cotton, this quilted cover is the comfy must-have for your bedroom. The poppy red and white tones in this cheery quilt are sure to bring a smile to your face, even on a Monday morning.
12. Peking Handicraft Modern Heirloom Everleigh Cotton Quilt ($88): Bring the garden indoors with a quilt that’s reminiscent of yellow daisies, sunflowers and sunshine. One thing’s for sure: It’ll add a dash of springtime cheer to your sleeping quarters and brighten up your bedroom with its green and yellow print. Pair it with solid bedding in a neutral but earthy shade, to play up that garden feel.
How will you upgrade your bedroom this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring decor inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)