14 Modern Bedding Picks for a Chic Small Space
Great bedding makes a huge impact in any small space, whether you’re looking for a stylish alternative to standard dorm room bedding or a cool update for your tiny college apartment. Go bold with a dramatic pattern to add personality to your decor, or keep it relaxed with minimal neutrals. Either way, bedding can make or break a small space. And after hours of studying or working, there’s simply nothing better than sinking into a plush bed that looks both cute and comfy. Scroll on for our fave bedding picks from independent vendors, Etsy shops, well-known brands and more.
1. Mountain Medallion Duvet Cover (from $40): It doesn’t get any more bohemian-chic than this patterned duvet cover. The intricate design and mix of hues will add modern flair to any space.
2. Modern Plaid Bedding Set (from $13o): The epitome of cool and collected, this duvet cover features a simple grid pattern. The white hue brightens up a small space, while the minimal design brings a touch of detail and depth. Plus, it’s machine washable — a must for white duvet covers.
3. Kilele Printed Duvet (from $198): Anthropologie is king when it comes to gorgeous floral patterns with a hint of boho style. Invest in a statement piece like this for an option that will last through college and beyond.
4. A Pop of Cover Blanket ($80): For a more lightweight (and budget-friendly pick), consider a super cute blanket like this. Work with what you already have and layer it with plain bedding for the perfect mix.
5. Webster Sky Blue Striped Bedding (from $30): Create an airy, sophisticated look with this bedding set. Soft stripes bring just the right amount of nautical style, and a pop of coral adds interest.
6. Neon Stitched Linen Quilt ($375): With a bamboo filling and European linen front, the beauty is in the details of this handmade quilt. Neon stitching offers a playful detail to complete this stylish option.
7. Mint Ombre Duvet Cover ($139): A subtle ombre design in trendy mint green provides an elegant look. Pair with crisp white sheets for a streamlined finish.
8. Pillow Talk Pillowcases ($35): These adorable eyelash-adorned pillowcases bring personality, whether you pair them with a mix of patterns or keep it simple with crisp white.
9. Paprika Duvet Set ($482): With ultra-luxurious cotton sateen on one side and a handmade design on the other, this twin XL duvet set is worth every penny. The set includes all the essentials for an impeccably made bed: duvet cover and insert, euro sham and insert and a coordinating twin XL blanket.
10. Bekko Dorm Duvet Cover ($160): Choose from a solid coral pink or a contemporary chain-inspired pattern on this reversible duvet. The handmade set comes complete with shams and a matching mini tote.
11. Boho Pattern Bedding Set ($105): Made with high-quality 300-thread-count twill cotton, this duvet features a super chic pattern and a durable design.
12. Chambray Denim Coverlet Set ($65): Especially in a small and potentially stuffy space, finding the right bedding warmth is essential. This denim coverlet provides more weight than a quilt but less bulk than a comforter. Plus, denim is both on-trend and super durable.
13. Jersey Duvet Cover ($128): Super soft cotton makes for a seriously cozy bed setup. Use this comfortable duvet as the base, and then punch up your look with colorful pillows and blankets.
14. Coral Wind Patterned Throw ($85): With a cozy cotton construction, this geometric throw will bring loads of modern style to any small space.
What’s your favorite modern bedding look? Share your thoughts in the comments below!