10 Wedding Trends That Will Be Everywhere This Summer
With wedding season heating up, summer brides will soon be strutting down the aisle for their big day. While there are so many different types of brides and styles that we love, some trends just dominate across all weddings. To kick off the summer and wedding season, we turned to Brooklyn-based wedding dress designer Rebecca Schoneveld for all the top summer 2016 wedding trends, from dresses to accessories to hair. Scroll on to see what she predicted would be the top wedding looks of the season. A word of caution, though, you will want to pin *all* of these to your not-so-secret wedding pinboard.
1. Two-Piece Gowns: Two-piece everything has been taking over the fashion world, including bridal style! With a two-piece look, you can keep the illusion of a single dress, but can customize it to mix and match your style. If you want to get a little edgier, you can pick a top piece that is a little more cropped to have a bit of midriff peeking through. (via Rebecca Schoneveld/Rachel Gomez)
2. Pastel Wedding Dresses: Who says you have to wear white on your wedding day? Lots of fashion-forward brides have been picking delicate shades of blue, gray and blush to keep the dress light, but with a little twist. (via Rebecca Schoneveld/Dave Richards Photography)
3. Super Low Backs: Summer brides don’t normally need to worry about it being too cold, so it’s the perfect time to show a little more skin. A plunging neckline can be fashion forward and very flattering, but plunging backs or sides are where it’s at this season. (via Rebecca Schoneveld/Justina Bilodeau Photography)
4. High Slits: We’ve been seeing this trend all over the red carpet, and now it’s making its way down the aisle as well. A slit in a bridal gown skirt is the best way to make things a little sexy, but still very classy. (via Rebecca Schoneveld/Sojourner Society)
5. Intricate Details: Elaborate backs with illusion tulle, appliqué or embroidery are great for the bride who wants to keep things sweet and edgy at the same time. (via Rebecca Schoneveld/Claudia McDade)
6. Hair + Body Jewelry: Hair and body jewelry trends aren’t just limited to spring music festivals. We’ve seen body and hair chains incorporated into wedding looks, as well as pieces on shoulders and backs to add a unique flair and some edge. (via Rebecca Schoneveld/Kelsea Holder Photography)
7. High-Low Hems: With lots of brides having off-beat and more intimate ceremonies, wedding dress trends have slightly altered to accommodate this. High-low hems (a la Whitney Port) are the best way to show a little peek of leg and an amazing shoe without getting rid of the long dress tradition. (via Rebecca Schoneveld/Rachel Gomez)
9. Layers: Many have started donning multiple looks for their big day. To make it a little easier (and less expensive!), brides have been opting for layers, such as removable lace tops and tulle skirts to morph their look. (via Rebecca Schoneveld)
10. Minimalist Everything: Minimalism has been a lifestyle trend lately, and we predict that beautifully simple gowns will be new go-tos for brides. (via Rebecca Schoneveld/Chellsie Michael Photography)
Are you loving these bridal trends? Follow us on Pinterest for all things wedding.