OITNB is returning and the Beyhive might be swarming in this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below!
1. We just recently learned that season five of Orange Is the New Black will take place over the course of only three days, but other than that, details have been pretty sparse. The new trailer doesn’t do much to fill in the gaps, but it WILL totally give you chills, as it obviously picks up where the season four cliffhanger left off — with Daya still pointing the prison guard’s gun. We also see intense looks from several other main cast members, and at the very end we get the premiere date — Friday, June 9. Clear your calendars now.
2. Nordstrom’s stock actually went up after President Trump attacked them on social media. After shaming Nordstrom on Twitter for dropping Ivanka’s brand recently, the retailer’s stock did the opposite of what President Trump likely intended, rising by stock market closing time. However, as People points out, it could have been a coincidence — the National Retail Federation released their 2017 industry forecast, predicting a good year for retail. Nordstrom’s stock gains did outperform other named retailers in the forecast. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
3. Kim Kardashian shared her magazine debut in a 1988 Barbie magazine, and we’re screaming at the cuteness. Like, as if this wouldn’t have been so many young kids’ dream?! “You guys, my first debut was in 1988 in Barbie Magazine,” Kim says while panning her phone over the pages she’s on, which show her and other young girls in LA looking at maps to the stars’ homes. “Look, what a star! Reading star maps.” TOO CUTE.
4. Karlie Kloss thought TLC’s “Waterfalls” was a Beyoncé song, and we can hear the Beyhive swarming from here. In a recent interview with Love Magazine, Karlie Kloss answered a “mega fan” questionnaire, making hers about her favorite artist, Beyoncé. When asked how Bey/Destiny’s Child had influenced her life, she wrote that they were the soundtrack to her life, punctuating it with, “C’mon, Waterfalls!?” Oh Karlie. She doesn’t seem to be too worried about it, tweeting the above circled error and writing simply, “LOL.” At least she’s not taking herself too seriously. (But seriously Karlie, the Beys are coming. RUN.)
5. Justin Timberlake reveals the real reason he left *NSync, and it’s gonna shatter your teenage heart. In a new Hollywood Reporter cover story, JT admits that he had simply grown out of the boy band years, adding that for him, it was all about the music, and for others, maybe not so much. “I felt like I cared more about the music than some of the other people in the group. And I felt like I had other music I wanted to make and that I needed to follow my heart.” In the end it was definitely worth it TBH, but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt to know the truth.
6. Quote of the day: “She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.” When Elizabeth Warren was silenced on the Senate floor, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s reasoning inadvertently became an instant battle cry for progressives and women.
Have you ever had to persist in a hard situation? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)