Morning Buzz: Here Are the Takeaways You Need to Know from Trump’s 1st Interview Since the Election + More
From Trump’s chilling first interview to Kendall Jenner’s mysterious social media disappearance, check out six of this morning’s top news items below.
1. It’s not as though this was any great surprise. Trump granted his first interview as President Elect to 60 Minutes on Friday, and as it aired last night, the reality of a Trump presidency got clearer — and scarier. He told interviewer Lesley Stahl that he still intends to appoint Supreme Court judges who are anti-abortion, that he still intends to build a wall (though he MIGHT consider a fence) and start deporting millions of immigrants, and that basically he’s aware that his transition team goes against his VERY campaign message to “drain the swamp” and get the politicians and lobbyists out of Washington. He also gave a very stern “stop” message to those carrying out hate crimes in the days since he was elected, like a pet owner trying to get their dog to stop jumping on people. We saw a more subdued version of Trump than the one we saw leading up to the election, but he seemed no more prepared or qualified for this job.
2. Did Kendall Jenner just delete her Instagram? She may be breaking the internet with her current La Perla lingerie selfie campaign, but Kendall’s own Insta has gone radio silent with no warning or explanation. Her other social accounts such as Twitter and Facebook appear to be business as usual, but loading her Instagram gives you a “Sorry, this page isn’t available. The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed” message. Kendall, come back!
3. But if Kendall’s showing signs of getting out of the social media game, her new niece Dream Kardashian will be right there to take her place. That’s right, Rob K and Blac Chyna have already created a Twitter account in Dream’s name, and the sole update so far is a pic of Dream breastfeeding. “Bonding time with mommy,” the caption reads. We can’t wait to see where this one goes.
4. Scott Patterson — aka Luke on Gilmore Girls — says he’s NOT happy about the show’s famous last four words. Okay, okay, this is all in jest. But it DOES give us a totally fun and non-spoilery clue into the revival. “I actually submitted a list of what I wanted the four words to be to Amy and Dan [Palladino],” he told TVLine. “And when I found out what the four words actually were, I was quite perturbed. They didn’t take [my suggestions]. So I made some phone calls and raised the roof a little bit.” LOL we love you, Luke. Scott. Whatever.
5. This pic of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth in full ’80s gear at a party proves they are totally just like us. Miley and Liam seem to be getting increasingly comfortable being an adorbs couple on social media lately, and the pics from Liam’s brother Luke’s 80s-themed birthday party only take it a step further. Liam’s neon yellow tank top, short shorts and wig are the perfect compliment to Miley’s early Madonna look. Oh, you crazy kids.
6. Quote of the day: “When you’re ready, I hope you will get up and back in there and keep fighting… I believe in everything we fought for and I believe in you. So, thank you all from the bottom of my heart.” Hillary’s speech to her staff is what you need to hear for some #MondayMotivation.
What will you count on to get you through your Monday? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via @60minutes)