Morning Buzz: Kanye West Has Been Hospitalized for His Own Safety + More
Kanye West’s hospitalization leads this morning’s top news stories. Check that and more out below.
1. After a string of increasingly bizarre (and frustrating for fans) events, last night, Kanye West was checked into the hospital in Los Angeles for “his own health and safety.”TMZ reports that at around 1:20pm PST yesterday he was at his trainer’s home and was “acting erratically.” He was brought to the hospital for evaluation, and is reportedly suffering from severe sleep deprivation. This all comes just hours after Kanye cancelled the rest of his Pablo tour following a controversial last few shows. Please be well, Kanye.
2. Kim Kardashian cancelled her first planned public appearance since her robbery to be with Kanye. While the rest of the Kardashian women showed up and looked stunning doing so, Kim bailed on her appearance at NYC’s Angel Ball, where her late father, Robert Kardashian, was honored, so she could be with her husband. Page Six reports that Kim had learned about Kanye while en route to NYC, and upon landing, she headed straight back. (Photo via Eugene Gologursky/Getty)
3. Donald Trump has released a video message outlining his plans for his first 100 days in office. Trump continues to dodge the media since becoming President-Elect, choosing instead to release a video message in lieu of holding a press conference, as is standard. In the video, Trump reiterates his plan to “reform Washington and rebuild our middle class,” and says he’ll withdraw the US from the Trans-Pacific Partnership on his first day in office, come up with a plan to protect America from cyber attacks and put a five-year ban on lobbying into place, a promise that critics are saying he has already broken by filling his team with lobbyists.
4. The Rob and Chyna one-off baby special will be perfect holiday veg-out viewing. This is the do-over we’ve been looking for — ever since the finale of Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna’s show left us feeling a little less than warm and fuzzy, the pair have had their little girl Dream Renee, and while Chyna’s #MannequinChallenge during labor made it look like all fun and games, this trailer proves it to have been a little more emotional than that. Catch it on E! on December 18.
View this post on Instagram
I just finished my 107 shows in 10 months. 100% live every night. I bloody smashed it, even if I do say so myself. You lot have been incredible, every night you've been so beautiful, loving and engaged. My band and my crew you made the whole thing turn. And my beautiful family made it easy for me to do. Big love x
A post shared by Adele (@adele) on
5. Adele arrived home from tour to this handmade sign from her son and WE’RE NOT CRYING, YOU’RE CRYING! After 107 shows in 10 months (“I bloody smashed it, even if I do say so myself”), Adele returned home from tour and was greeted with the sweetest sign with colorful painted hearts and handprints that says “Mummy you did it!” from her son Angelo. “You lot have been incredible, every night you’ve been so beautiful, loving and engaged,” Adele wrote to her fans, thanking them in the caption. “My band and my crew you made the whole thing turn. And my beautiful family made it easy for me to do. Big love x”
6. Quote of the day: “With fame comes opportunity, but it also includes responsibility — to advocate and share, to focus less on glass slippers and more on pushing through glass ceilings.” Meghan Markle pens an incredibly thoughtful and eye-opening essay for Elle on her humanitarian work and how to make a difference.
What do you think of Megan Markle’s humanitarian efforts? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Michael Loccisano/Getty)
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)