Morning Buzz! Taylor Swift’s Squad Just Got Its Coolest Member Yet + More
TGIF, y’all! From Taylor’s latest #girlsquad member to some AMAZING Fantastic Beasts news, check out six of today’s top news items below.
Taylor out with Karlie Kloss, Zoë Kravitz and Serena Williams in NYC last night. pic.twitter.com/lSdu34AbPO
— Taylor Swift Updates (@TSwiftPR) October 14, 2016
1. Taylor Swift has been spending some much needed post-#ReceiptGate and post-breakup nights out in NYC with her #squad lately, taking in a private Kings of Leon concert earlier this week, and last night heading to Bowery Ballroom for a concert by Sting’s daughter Eliot Sumner with the usual suspects in tow — Karlie Kloss, Cara Delevingne, Zoë Kravitz, Dakota Fanning — you know, the usual. But based on some sneaky paps shots, it looks like she just got a new and
arguably definitely coolest member yet: Serena. Williams. Okay, Taylor. You got our attention!
Five. Not seven. Not three. Five.
(Got a feeling this is going to be the new 'not a prequel'). https://t.co/ZkjEeeDQjj
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) October 13, 2016
2. OMG: There will be FIVE Fantastic Beasts movies instead of three! J .K. Rowling showed up to a fan screening of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in London, and she happened to come bearing some insanely exciting news about what we THOUGHT was going to be a Fantastic Beasts trilogy. Get ready: You’re gonna get to see five of these things. That means the November 2018 and November 2020 release dates might have to be adjusted for the next two to make some room. We’ll keep you updated!
3. What Kristin Cavallari has to say about Donald Trump reveals an incredibly discouraging truth about sexual assault. Speaking to Sirius XM’s Taylor Strecker on Thursday, Kristin says that “locker room talk” happens more than we’d like to admit. “I actually do think that guys talk like that. They do,” she said. “Obviously, guys with power and money, they kind of can get any girl, unfortunately,” she continued. “I mean, girls do throw themselves at these guys, and so they kind of can do whatever they want, which isn’t necessarily OK. But I do think that that kind of talk probably happens more than we think, or than we want to think.” Sigh. (Photo via Mark Davis/Getty)
4. Nev Schulman and fiancee Laura Perlongo are officially the funniest baby bump-ers! In a new pic posted to Nev’s Instagram, Laura is in the tub with what looks to be a little island assembled on her almost-due bump, which at this point in her pregnancy is way above water level! “Baby’s due any day now!,” Nev writes. “Totally obsessed with this woman but definitely going to miss this adorable baby bump.” You might remember the stir Laura’s unconventional maternity style caused on the MTV VMA’s red carpet this summer. Rock it, girl!
5. Kendall Jenner faced her alleged stalker in court like a boss. Yesterday, at the trial of her accused stalker Shavaughn McKenzie, Kendall told the jury she’d “never been so scared in my life” when she saw him outside of her home in August. The Associated Press says Kendall kept her composure, using her hands to demonstrate making frantic phonecalls to friends and telling the jury she was traumatized and doesn’t feel safe in her home anymore, while McKenzie and his lawyer were present. MacKenzie is facing only six months in jail if convicted. (Photo via Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty)
6. Quote of the day: “This has got to stop right now, because consider this: If all of this is painful to us as grown women, what do you think this is doing to our children? What messages are little girls hearing about who they should look like, how they should act? What lessons are they learning about their value as professionals, as human beings? About their dreams and aspirations?” Rewatch Michelle Obama’s fire speech about Trump’s awful conduct here and memorize every. Word.
How many times have you watched Michelle Obama’s powerful speech? Tell us over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Mark Davis/Getty)