Morning Buzz! This Gilmore Girls Teaser Pic Is Going to Give You ALL the Feels + More
From one of the best Gilmore Girls teasers yet to a heroic move from Simone Biles, check out six of today’s top news items below!
1. Is this the first official hint of Jess from the GG reboot camp?! If this isn’t the most perfect nod to Jess and Rory’s relationship, I dunno what is. The pic shows a close-up of a book with “I just wanted to put some notes in the margin for you” written along the side, which is what Jess wrote to Rory in her copy of Allen Ginsburg’s Howl. As an adult we might not be so into that, but as a teen girl who doesn’t know any better? SWOOOOON.
Having ADHD, and taking medicine for it is nothing to be ashamed of nothing that I'm afraid to let people know.
— Simone Biles (@Simone_Biles) September 13, 2016
2. Simone Biles reacted to the hackers who leaked her medical records like a BOSS. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has confirmed that Russian hackers, known as Fancy Bear, broke into its database and got the private medical records of some American athletes. Simone Biles was shown to be taking medication for ADHD, and immediately addressed it on Twitter. “I have ADHD and I have taken medicine for it since I was a kid. Please know, I believe in clean sport, have always followed the rules, and will continue to do so as fair play is critical to sport and is very important to me,” she tweeted. She went on to say that “Having ADHD, and taking medicine for it is nothing to be ashamed of nothing that I’m afraid to let people know.” Hell yes.
3. The Big Bang Theory wedding y’all have been waiting for is coming, and here are the first pics! Leonard and Penny’s nuptials have been a long time coming, and on Monday, Sept. 19, the two will wed in an episode called “The Conjugal Conjecture.” CBS has shared a few pics, and we gotta say, we do love that dress.
4. Anna Camp’s second wedding dress was a-DORABLE. Pitch Perfect‘s Anna Camp and Skylar Astin got hitched this weekend, and while Anna looked stunning in her more traditional gown for the ceremony, she donned a sassy, feathery mini number for the reception, and she looked every bit the perfect party bride. Plus those gold sneakers? Perfect. You might even say… pitch perfect. (NOT SORRY.)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Burger King (@burgerking) on
5. What on this good green earth is Burger King doing to us now. Earlier this summer, BK had us all dying to try their ultimate junk food hybrid, Mac n’ Cheetos, and now they’re going to be dishing out Cheetos Chicken Fries. They’re just like regular chicken fries, only covered in Cheeto dust. Mmmmm.
6. Quote of the day: “I think there is satisfying closure for any fans of any of the three couples that tend to get some attention. But they’re very different interactions. I would say each one of them [gets] closure in a different way.” Alexis Bledel tells Us a lot and yet nothing at all about how her romantic relationships will play out in the Gilmore Girls reboot.
Who do you hope Rory ends up with? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @gilmoregirls)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)