Dear Santa: We’re making our list (and checking it twice) and it includes a whole lot of pampering, because 2017 was a) tough as hell and b) we deserve it. From peppermint massages and frosted cookie pedis, to pomegranate scrubs and a chocolate truffle facial — here’s what to ask for when you want to relax, unwind, and glow under the mistletoe this holiday season.
1. Uco Vendimia Ritual at Uco Spa in Mendoza, Argentina ($120): When you think of Mendoza, Argentina, wine clearly comes to mind, so it’s only fitting that Uco Spa features a service fit for a true wine lover. Their two-hour Uco Vendimia Ritual (AKA “vinotherapy”) consists of an exfoliation process with red-wine vine leaves (sourced from the property’s 790 acres of vineyards), followed by a Belleza Andina seaweed bath, and then a dry and herbal sauna. We’ll drink to that! (Photo via Casa de Uco)
2. Frosted Sugar Cookie Mani/Pedi at Haven Spa in New York, New York ($30/$50): The guy in the big red outfit isn’t the only one who likes cookies this time of year. Indulge your sweet tooth (the guilt-free way) with a relaxing vanilla bath soak, exfoliating honey scrub, and frosted sugar cookie hydrating body melt, followed by a shiny coat of polish. Bonus: The service includes a hot apple cider with amaretto. #YUM (Photo via Haven)
3. Nordic Space Treatment at Amazing Space Spa in Copenhagen, Denmark ($236): Sure, there are plenty of reasons to jet set to Copenhagen’s main city square. But one of the best? For the Hotel d’Angleterre (est. in 1755), which boasts The Amazing Space Spa. Get ready for some major #SpaGoals in the form of a sea salt bath, body wrap, warm Icelandic lava stone massage (with arnica and rosehip oil), and a rejuvenating facial. Then get ready to not leave, ever. (Photo via The Amazing Space Spa)
4. Classic Warm Up Treatment at Guerlain Spa at The Plaza Hotel in New York, New York ($205): This 60-minute warming body therapy was made for chilly days. Guerlain Spa’s new home at the iconic Plaza Hotel is swanky AF, but it’s also where you want to spend the holidays zen-ing out. Their warm-up treatment features heated towels drizzled with massage elixir oils (that smell insanely yummy), which are cocooned over your body, promising to restore energy, release tension, and promote extended full-body relaxation. Oh, and each service booked at the spa also includes Guerlain’s “Spa Au Revoir” perk, which means complimentary makeup retouching, garment steaming, and shoe shining. (Photo via Guerlain)
5. Winter Cinnamon and Clove Aroma Blend Treatment at Surf & Sand Resort in Laguna Beach, California ($190): Aquaterra Spa’s winter-themed body treatment is 80 minutes of ultimate “me time,” but the health benefits are even better. Clove helps with mental exhaustion and aids in healing arthritis and rheumatism, while cinnamon improves circulation and sweet orange relieves stress. Yes, please! (Photo via Surf & Sand Resort)
6. Cranberry Pomegranate Pedicure at Eve Salon in New York, New York ($37): During this jolly treatment your tired feet will dip in a relaxing pomegranate bath before an Eminence cranberry pomegranate sugar scrub is applied. Next, a callus remover sloughs off any unwanted rough patches and then your toes are primped with the holiday hue of your choosing. (Photo via Eve Salon)
7. Chocolate Truffle Treat at The Ritz-Carlton Spa in Rancho Mirage, California ($295): This 100-minute treat at TheRitz–Carlton, RanchoMirage was created for those seeking festive indulgences, and the best part is you can choose from either a chocolate truffle body wrap or chocolate truffle facial. Did we mention each treatment ends with a complimentary box of truffles and a glass of sparkling wine? Where do we sign up? (Photo via TheRitz–Carlton, RanchoMirage)
8. Maple Walnut Sugar Scrub at August Moon Spa in Ithaca, New York ($115): Ithaca’s August Moon Spa utilizes local maple sugar and syrup, along with walnut oil, for its “New York State of Mind” scrub. Which means you’ll not only walk away softer than ever, but probably humming Billy Joel as well. (Photo via August Moon Spa)
9. Princess Peppermint Latte Mani/Pedi at The Spa at Windsor Court in New Orleans, Louisiana ($135): Anything with princess and peppermint latte in the same name has to be epic. This treatment begins with a coffee Arabica scrub that buffs away dull surface skin and is followed by a cool mint cream massage that stimulates circulation, right before the shade of your choosing is swiped on. Needless to say, open-toed shoes will be the way to go. (Photo via The Spa at Windsor Court)
10. Chocolate and Champagne Facial at Los Sueños Ocean & Golf Resort in Herradura, Costa Rica ($140): Sibö Spa at Los Sueños Ocean & Golf Resort incorporates two holiday staples: chocolate and Champagne. Infused with the antioxidant properties of cocoa, Champagne grapes, and orange essential oils, this facial firms the skin and satisfies your need for a little holiday buzz at the same time. (Photo via Sibö Spa)
11. Candy Cane Pedicure at Keystone Lodge & Spa in Keystone, Colorado ($80): Candy canes are pretty much a requirement come December, but when you’re getting a pedi in the middle of Colorado with a cooling peppermint sugar scrub (to ease aches and pains and reduce inflammation) followed by a decadent chocolate truffle wrap (to detoxify tired muscles), they’re really essential. (Photo via Keystone Lodge & Spa)
What’s your favorite spa treatment to try during the holidays? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.