Peep the Top Must-See Looks from the Grammys Red Carpet
Ah, the Grammys – where our favorite red carpet fashion moments of the year are born. Slightly classier than the VMAs but edgier than most other awards shows, it’s really anything goes here. And boy, does it ever! The 58th Grammy Awards seem to be no exception: from pantsuits to cutouts, hip-high thigh slits and neon colors, we’re seeing it all on the red carpet tonight. Check out our top picks for the most omg-you-gotta-see-this looks.
1. Taylor Swift: The most jaw-dropping appearance of the night has to go to Taylor, if just for the hair alone: TSwift pulled out all the stops for her big night (she’s nominated for seven awards), and we do mean, all, from the bold new Anna Wintour-style bob to the neon-colored two-piece to the up-to-there thigh slit. Dayum, girl!
2. Z LaLa: No, that’s not Lady Gaga – that’s singer Z La La (you may know her tune “Fly Away”) strutting her stuff on the red carpet in a crazy getup that could’ve been Mama Monster five years ago. With a leather-look bottom and a structured caged top piece (complete with bird-esque headpiece), she’s definitely memorable, to say the least!
3. Ellie Goulding: Ellie Goulding is the picture of feminine beauty in this pale lilac slip dress by Stella McCartney. She keeps things from getting too tame with a draped silver backpiece and perfectly tousled tresses, while elegant jewels give her an extra touch of pizzazz.
4. Selena Gomez: Selena looks like a beautiful mermaid in this sparkly curve-hugging number with side cutouts and flowing train, custom designed by Calvin Klein creative director Francisco Costa. Walking side-by-side with bestie Taylor, the two couldn’t have looked more different, but each managed to stand out as a star in her own right.
5. Zendaya: Taylor’s not the only star to debut a new ‘do tonight: Zendaya does androgyny right in this fitted black suit with cropped blonde locks. While some have speculated this might be a tribute to Bowie (who will be honored in a tribute tonight by none other than Lady Gaga herself), Zendaya says she wanted to “keep things simple.” We still think she looks 100 percent fierce.
6. Kaley Cuoco: Presenter Kaley puts a new spin on the pantsuit with intricate beading, a plunging V-neckline and strategically placed cutouts at the side and back and flared pant legs. Yet with all of that going on, she still manages to look, dare we say, classy? Her tousled lob and a neutral clutch perfect her low-key Cali look.
6. Bella Hadid and The Weeknd: Dispelling those pesky breakup rumours, Bella Hadid and The Weeknd proudly walked the red carpet arm-in-arm in all black (anyone else having flashbacks of Billy Bob and Angelina orrrr… ?) Bella kept with the theme of the night, swathing herself in – you guessed it! – cutouts galore, while The Weeknd kept it simple in a black suit, undershirt and tie.
7. Kacey Musgraves: Donned in peacock-hued Armani Prive, we had to do a double-take at Kacey Musgraves – with her dark high ponytail, we could’ve easily mistaken her for raven-haired crooner Katy Perry. Fading from purple to blue to green to purple again, this dress is a whirlwind of color, and the material (are those feathers?) make this dress one of the most interesting we’ve seen yet.
8. Ciara: While we’ve seen plenty of thigh-high slits tonight (see Bella Hadid, Taylor Swift), none were quite as jaw-dropping as Miss Ciara’s. Showing off her super toned thighs in a draped black-and-white frock with a side-tie sash, Ciara kept the hair and makeup simple, balancing out her look.
9. Ariana Grande: To say that this muy caliente red frock made Grammy nominee Ariana Grande hot hot hot would be an understatement. Keeping with her signature high ponytail, Ariana kept the focus on her dress tonight. This Versace gown features a bustier top and an extra-long train, and we’re not mad at the results – not by a longshot.
10. Justin Bieber: Is that a… moustache we’re peeping on JB? With his white suit jacket and slicked back hair, Justin could’ve stepped straight out off the red carpet and straight into The Great Gatsby. A black bow tie finishes off his perfectly gentlemanly look.
11. Lady Gaga: Now that’s a tribute. Putting her newfound demure style aside for the evening and tapping into her creative roots, Gaga went all-out for her impending tribute to Bowie. From the Ziggy Stardust flame orange hair and shimmering Marc Jacobs blue and gold frock to the pop-art neon makeup, Gaga absolutely nailed it. And the shoes. Did we mention the shoes?!
Which look was your favorite? Let us know at @britandco!
(Photos by Jason Merritt + Larry Busacca/Getty)
Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this post mistakenly named Kacey Musgraves as Lea Michele. We love both artists and regret the error!
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!