10 Stylish Ways to Wear Your Name like Gigi Hadid
Gigi Hadid is everything right now. She’s beautiful, effortlessly cool (UGH, those people) and besties with T. Swift. Overall, Gigi seems like a bomb individual we wouldn’t complain about hanging out with.
Somehow, Gigi has managed to increase her general cool factor tenfold by repping the ish out of her last name on the red carpet at the Much Music Awards in the form of a hashtagged #HADID jacket. It was a bold statement piece to wear — and she rocked it with palpable confidence even though she was in the same vicinity as her ex-boyfriend, Cody Simpson.
Rocking your name on your clothing is no longer reserved for sports jerseys, game days or after you get married to Kim Kardashian. Gigi’s bold look inspired us to curate a customizable clothing and accessories roundup so you, too, can rock your name like Miss Hadid. Bonus — these are sooo DIYable ;)
1. Dresshirt Off Duty Grapefruit Shirt ($400): A celeb fave, this peachy-hued shirt is way more than your average button-up. Important note: they also offer the same shirt with “Babe” on the back.
2. Matters of Delight Custom Name/Word Necklace ($185): We love the distinctive handwriting on these — it’s not your typical cursive.
3. Bow & Drape The Classic Sweatshirt ($55): If you haven’t hit up Bow & Drape for all things customizable and *actually* cute, you need to! There are SO many options and the prices are affordable.
5. Pam Left Pam Right Sole Custom Stamp ($10): It’s fine if you never realized you needed custom sole stamps until now. You can even have one stamped “left” and the other stamped “right” in case you still can’t keep that stuff straight (no judge).
6. Ciao Bambina Parola Personalized Leather Cosmetic Bag ($54): These little bags are functional and fun — and can be used for so much more than just makeup.
7. moon and lola Monogram Sunglasses ($48): Who wouldn’t want to wear their name on the side of their sunglasses? This beats sporting a brand’s name any day.
8. Baublebar Alpha Beaded Bracelet ($32): We’re partial to turquoise and gold, so there was an instant attraction to these initial-engraved bracelets. We <3 these so much we’re considering wearing the entire alphabet.
9. Clare V. Monogrammed Clutch ($50): Clare Viver is known for her timeless and stunning yet simple designs and offers monogramming on most of her pieces for $50 per item. This clutch would still be cool 50 years from now. (Photo via @shopclarev)
10. In God We Trust Sweet Nothing Necklace Brass ($40): These sweet necklaces are hand-engraved, hammered and made in NYC. You can have them customized on the front, back or front and back, but we think this Blah Blah Blah choice speaks for itself.
Which of these picks do you love the most? Weigh in on the comment section below.
(Featured photo via @GigiHadid)