How to Throw a Birthday Party for Your BFF like Taylor Swift
If all of Hollywood was made into a yearbook, Taylor Swift would, without a doubt, be voted “most popular.” Between Jaime King, Lorde, Karlie Kloss, Lena Dunham and Sarah Hyland, this girl seems to be BFFs with just about all of young Hollywood. And it’s no surprise — she’s thoughtful, fun and best of all, she definitely knows how to throw a killer party. We’re not talking about a sloppy club night here, people, but rather a classy get-together for the ages. If you’re in the midst of putting together a celebration of sorts for your BFF. Take a few hints from the pop star and all-around gem of a human.
2. Make it a Dinner Party. For that bestie who doesn’t want a huge soirée, invite your core group of friends and host a low-key communal dinner. (via @taylorswift)
3. Create an Instagram Station. Ample photo ops are definitely a must. Take a few cues from Taylor’s legendary birthday party and set up a fun backdrop. Make sure to have plenty of playful props handy. (via @taylorswift)
4. Buy a few disposable cameras. Not so into Instagram? Splurge on an instant camera or pick up a couple of old-school disposables and sprinkle them around the party for guests to take pictures with. It’ll be like a second bday present for your bestie when you get the expectedly hilarious pics developed a few days later. (via @therealsarahhyland)
5. End the night with some sparklers. Because you’re never too old for sparklers. Just remember, safety first, folks. (via @jaime_king)
6. Get beachy. And when all else fails, rent a boat. Okay, fine, or go on a trip. (via @taylorswift)
But really… parties on boats are awesome. (via @jaime_king)
What are your key elements for a super fun soirée? Share with us in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!