Being green, eating clean and going au naturale — seeing and hearing these once trendy statements from your friends and strangers has become so (dare we say) natural that you don’t even bat an eye. Buying good-for-you products has shifted from being “all the rage” to being more than just a phase. And hair products are no different. Whatever your mane type may be, your luscious locks deserve something natural. We got you, girl. Here are 11 ah-maz-ing shampoos and conditioners that are hair today and definitely not gone tomorrow. Cue hair flip.
1. Pureology Curl Complete Conditioner ($29): If you have curly hair with an awesome dye job, you know keeping it “real” and frizz-free can be a challenge. Not anymore — this conditioner was made just for you. It also doesn’t hurt that it smells oh-so-good.
2. Yarok Hair Feed Your Volume Conditioner ($33): Free of all the stuff you don’t want to put anywhere near your hair, this shampoo comes loaded with ingredients that promote volume and moisture, like jojoba seed oil, macadamia nut oil and aloe vera. Oh, and you’ll help save a rainforest. Double green points for you.
3. Yes to Carrots Nourishing Shampoo ($9): Your mom always told you to eat your veggies. Take her mantra to a whole new level with this shampoo, which does it all. Thanks, mom.
4. EVOLVh UltraShine Moisture Conditioner ($25): Winter months don’t treat most hair right. Try this vegan, paraben-free conditioner that’ll show cold, dry weather who’s really the boss.
5. Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Shampoo ($8): Made with rosehip seed oil and other super hydrating botanicals, your hair will be pumped full of shine and have super smooth moves.
6. Intelligent Nutrients Harmonic Conditioner ($9-$45): The founder of Aveda set out to create a line of products that were the definition of organic. This conditioner is formulated without sulfates, parabens or synthetic fragrances and leaves your hair perfectly balanced.
7. Acure Organics Moroccan Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell Shampoo ($10): Searching the world for the most natural, purest ingredients sounds like quite the undertaking, but not for Acure Organics. They take what they put into their products very seriously. Score.
8. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Conditioner Drink It Up Coconut Milk ($11): The name alone makes us happy. 100% vegetarian, pH balanced and sans damaging parabens and sulfates, this conditioner is the vacation your hair needs.
9. John Masters Bare Unscented Shampoo ($15): There’s nothing worse than an overly fragrant shampoo. Problem solved. This shampoo is perfume-free and perfect for all hair types.
10. Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash ($7): For all you parents out there, treat your tot to this uber gentle, hypoallergenic shampoo. It’s never too early to go natural.
11. Homemade Coconut Shampoo: We couldn’t leave you without a little DIY project. Free People nailed it with this recipe that makes us think of drinking a Pina Colada on the beach. Everything about it sounds delicious. After you make the shampoo, try their equally amazing sounding Homemade Coconut Lavender Conditioner. (via Free People)
Are you looking to add a little natural haircare to your life? Tell us how in the comments below.