The Best Shampoos for Every Hair Type
If you’re searching for your perfect shampoo match — one that won’t break your heart and your ends while luring you in with sweet, fruity smells — then you’ve hit up the right beauty matchmakers. No matter what your hair situation — curly, thin, colored or natural — there is a perfect shampoo out there for you, and we’ve found them all! One of these 15 shampoos is calling your mane (see what we did there?). Just scroll down to find your hair’s sudsy soul mate.
1. Oily Hair: The gentle formula of Suave Shampoo Keratin Infusion ($3) is designed to prevent frizz, gently prevent buildup and activates normal blood flow to ensure a healthy distribution of natural oils throughout your scalp. (via All Women Stalk)
2. Natural Oily Hair: Every ingredient is natural in this Natural Oily Hair Shampoo ($23) that’s made without any stripping agents so it leaves your hair feeling silky, refreshed and manageable. (via Kontrol Mag)
3. Thick Hair: Gently wash away excess oil and product buildup without stripping hair of its natural moisture with this Desert Essence Organics Lemon Tea Tree Shampoo ($9) that helps strengthen and protect hair. (via Allure)
4. Straight Thin Hair: Look for a gentle shampoo that’s not too thick or creamy on straight and thin hair. Be sure to choose volumizing formulas like Matrix Biolage Volumizing Shampoo ($20) to avoid weighing down your hair. (via Her Interest)
5. Fine Hair: If your hair falls flat, you need shampoo that removes buildup to give roots a boost — make John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Shampoo ($6) your go-to. (via Bella Sugar)
6. Straight Thick Hair: For straight hair that’s also thick, choose a shampoo with silkening ingredients to smooth and soften rougher textures like L’Oreal Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Polishing Shampoo ($5). (via Hairstyle Stars)
8. Curly Hair: Curls look better when the hair is well hydrated. If you have fine curly hair, look for a formula that moisturizes your curls and also enhances volume, like Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock Curly Hair Shampoo ($12). (via Beauty Riot)
9. Color-Treated Hair: Color-treated hair needs to be cleansed with a product that won’t strip the color, so check out Pureology Pure Volume Extra Care Shampoo ($8); the anti-fade complex fortifies hair, while gently removing volume-inhibiting build up and oil. (via The Fashion Spot)
10. Dry and Damaged Hair: Dry hair lacks the nutrients necessary for strength and shine. Nourish fine hair back to life with proteins and lightweight conditioners like those found in Aveeno Nourish+ Volumize Shampoo ($7). (via Hair World Mag)
11. Coarse Curly Hair: Hair with coarse curls tends to dry out easily and thick hair can use even more protection against the damage and breakage that comes as a result of dehydrated strands. Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Anti-Breakage Tension Release Wash ($9) should combat both perils. (via Natural Hair Blog)
12. Normal Hair: Girls with hair that’s not too oily and not too dry, this L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Shampoo ($25) will leave your hair bouncier and healthier than you ever thought possible. True story. (via Bella Sugar)
14. Frizzy Curly Hair: Instead of straightening the life out of your hair, invest in this shampoo like Moraccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo ($35) that makes your mane silkier, smoother and healthier. (via Sun Sentinel)
15. Natural Dry Hair: Your shower will smell like a spa when you shower with this rose and vanilla scented Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo ($46) that revitalizes desert-level locks. (via Care For Your Hair)
Have you found the shampoo of your dreams? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)