The Best New Beauty Palettes for Winter 2017
The cold-weather season is here, and with it comes a new beauty regimen. If you’ve exhausted that summery beachy look for far too long, now’s the time to make the switch to a darker lip, smokey multi-tone eye, and contoured visage with these all-in-one kits that make getting ready (and traveling without your entire makeup bag) a cinch.
1. Charlotte Tilbury Instant Eye Palette ($75): You get basically every pigment one could possibly need to create some major lewks along the lines of “day eye,” “desk eye,” date eye,” and “disco eye.” From matte taupe and shimmering bronze, to pink champagne and caramel, this palette is the next best thing to having MUA Charlotte Tilbury at your beck and call.
2. NARS The Veil Cheek Palette ($49): This buildable trio contours, highlights, and pops thanks to a bronzer with golden shimmer, a satin watermelon blush, and a glistening rose highlighter. Plus it’s super glam, don’t cha think?
3. NYX The Plums Pro Lip Cream Palette ($12): Nothing says fall quite like a dark lip, and NYX’s palette has six blue-toned pink, wine, bitten berry, and ripe plum swatches to help you achieve a flawless one.
4. Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes Palette ($45): The best thing about these 12 matte shades of warm corals, buttery creams, and rich browns is that they’re infused with fragrant peach and sweet fig cream, so they smell just as good as they look.
5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 3 ($80): Finding your light has never been easier, courtesy of Hourglass’ Ambient Edit #3. Available exclusively this season, each of the six squares is infused with the brand’s “Photoluminescent Technology” for skin that appears softer, younger, and lit-from-within. Raise your hand if you want that type of glow. (*raises hand*)
6. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Galaxy Eyeshadow Palette ($59): Bad Gal Riri knows what’s up when it comes to making a statement with your makeup, and her hyped-up, hyper-reflective shadow palette does just that. Sheer sparkly topcoats, smokey iridescent colors, and gold glitter flecked brights all give a 3D effect to your peepers.
7. Tarte Blush Bazaar Amazonian Clay Blush Palette ($44): Tarte’s compact palette holds eight blushes and two highlighters in a gorgeous mix of warm and cool hues, but the best part is they’re all formulated with their signature Amazonian clay for long wear. Because who likes reapplying come happy hour time?
8. Pat McGrath Labs Mothership III Eyeshadow Palette in Subversive ($125): If you believe in makeup as wearable art, Pat McGrath’s velvety jewel-toned shadows are going to be your new faves. Meet a few of these stunners: Blitz Amethyst (deep purple with blue pearl), Gigabyte (antiqued green gold), Black Metal (gunmetal black with silver pearl), and Astral Ghost Orchid (white iridescent with pink flash).
9. Stila Convertible Color Dual Lip & Cheek Palette ($15): Digging around in the bottom of your bag for a single lip or cheek product is never a good time. Banish that chore forever when you pack this two-in-one palette that holds a yummy array of blendable cream colors. Bonus: No brushes required.
10. Stowaway Smokey Eye Palette ($26): Stowaway’s triple milled Italian pigments make mastering the smoke-show look easy AF. The shades range from daywear staples like yogurt, beige-y concrete, and matte gray to bolder shades like shimmering silver, deep royal blue, and darkest black so you can go as light — or as heavy-handed — as your pretty little heart desires.
What’s your favorite makeup look for fall? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.