If there’s any holiday where you’re encouraged to pop the bubbly, it’s New Year’s Eve. *But* that doesn’t mean you should limit your NYE party beverages to only champagne. These sparkly, glittery and all-around enticing shots are sure to please and won’t induce the bad-idea-tequila hangovers of your college days. You can let your resolutions start when the calendar reads 2016. Meanwhile, cheers to enjoying these shots you’ll actually want to make (and take) this New Year’s Eve.
1. Champagne Chantilly Shooters: Be sure to add these cake-inspired shooters to your after-holiday to-do list to start 2016 with a little bit of deliciousness. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
2. Champagne Jell-O Shots: Turn your champagne into a shot! If you’re hosting a large party, these are a way more affordable option than a case of champagne. (via Feast + West)
3. Blackberry Gin Shooters: This shooter is *almost* too pretty to drink. Plus, we can all pretend that the blackberries are doing you some good. (via Dine and Dish)
4. Butternut Rum Lifesaver: A shot that tastes like candy is a sweet way to start your year off right. (via A Year of Cocktails)
5. Apple Cider Shooter: That caramel vodka you bought on a whim once can finally be put to good use with this spiked apple cider shooter. Whip it up as a shot or a large punch that will last all night long. (via Brit + Co)
6. Tipsy Spritzer Shots: Not every shot needs to be super strong. If you’re looking for something you can enjoy throughout the night, this sweet, bubbly and tart “spritzer” shot is low in alcohol content and big on flavor. (via Holly’s Cheat Day)
7. Sparkling Jello Jigglers: Swap out champagne for the grape juice in this recipe to make a fancy, adult version of a JELL-O jiggler. Sprinkles and edible gold stars required. (via Bubbly Nation Creations)
8. Root Beer Float Shooter: This soda shop classic gets an adult upgrade with ROOT, a traditional alcoholic Native American tea. And tea is healthy, right? ;) (via Brit + Co)
9. Champagne Jello Shots: Awww, Jello Shots are all grown up in this festive recipe. They have a nice flavor that won’t leave you wincing afterwards. (via Erica’s Sweet Tooth)
10. Rainbow Shots: Meet your new party trick! All five of these shots come out of one shaker. Prepare to amaze your guests with your bartending skills this NYE. (via Brit + Co)
11. White Chocolate Champagne Cheesecake Shooters: This shot is delicious enough to be dessert. Top yours with edible glitter sprinkles to get even more festive. (via The First Year)
12. Dirty Martini Shots: NYE calls for a fancier drink than a go-to beer or wine. Ring in the new year with a dirty martini shot that isn’t quite as strong as the original. (via Ode to Awe)
13. Cranberry Kamikaze Shot: You may have left Kamikaze shots behind in college, but adding a touch of cranberry juice to the classic combination of lime, vodka and triple sec makes this feel grown-up. (via Cookin’ Canuck)
14. Banana Slip: This shot only requires two ingredients and tastes like banana bread — what could be better? (via A Year of Cocktails)
Looking for more NYE recipe or drink ideas? Check out Brit + Co on Pinterest for more inspiration.