16 Chic New Year’s Eve Cocktails to Raise When the Ball Drops
Oftentimes, NYE plans aren’t concrete until the last minute. After all, it’s not everyone who wants to drop hundreds of dollars on overpriced drinks and mediocre nosh. The perfect solution to all of this is to throw your own New Year’s bash — so get crafty! Create your own DIY confetti poppers, draw up a menu for your best party recipes and start outlining details for a Champagne bar. You’ll also want to brush up on your mixologist skills, because we’ve got 16 dazzling cocktails that will leave your guests in awe.
1. Salted Caramel Iced Coffee Cocktail: To guarantee that your guests are awake and wide-eyed when the ball drops, offering a hit of caffeine in cocktail form is as brilliant as it gets. This drink may not be boozy, but it definitely has its place. (via Pizzazzerie)
2. French Pear Martini: This chic cocktail boasts sophistication. With chilled Champagne, pear vodka and elderflower liqueur, this effervescent drink will make it impossible to enjoy a classic dirty martini ever again. (via Freut Cake)
3. Sparkling Pomegranate Cranberry Sangria: Here you’ll find major inspo from wintry flavors, New Year’s Eve bubbly and Gatsby glam. This classy sangria offers fruity flavors and gingery notes — and the addition of Grand Marnier sends it right over the top. (via Justine Celina)
4. Blackberry Thyme Champagne: This fruity and herbaceous beverage is refreshing AF. Fill your glasses with fizzy perfection this NYE by blending blackberry syrup, fresh thyme and Champagne. (via Crumb Kitchen)
5. Sparkling Cranberry-Orange Champagne Punch: Champagne is the perfect way to bid a fancy farewell to the last year. However, this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t jazz up that Champagne. Cranberry juice and Grand Marnier do just that in this ruby-hued beauty. (via Boulder Locavore)
6. Vanilla Plum Shrub: One swig of this good stuff and visions of vanilla plum shrubs will be dancing in your head. Though a shrub takes a little extra work to create, it’s *totally* worth it. You’ll be thanking yourself; trust us. (via The Modern Proper)
7. Cinnamon and Cranberry Bourbon Spritzers: Cinnamon, cranberries and bourbon — oh my! With the addition of fizzy ginger ale, these bad boys take on a whole new level of flavor that will wow your guests and have them passing on the bubbly. (via Cooking and Beer)
8. The Last Word: Fresh lime juice and a maraschino liqueur are blended together to create bright flavors in this potent elixir. You’ll want to go easy on this one, but if you can’t get enough of that awesome flavor, the amount of alcohol can be reduced. You’ll thank yourself in the morning. (via Pinch and Swirl)
9. Rosemary 75 Champagne Cocktail: Thrill your guests with this magical cocktail that changes color right before your eyes. Gin and sparkling wine pair wonderfully, and welcome the addition of rosemary for a unique and herbaceous flair. (via Goodie Godmother)
10. Vanilla, Pepper and Thyme Martini: Black and pink peppercorns kick this dazzling cocktail up a few notches, making it an awesome contender for your NYE party. If you want to impress your guests, this awe-inspiring cocktail is the way to go. (via What Should I Make For…)
11. Champagne Shirley Temple: Put a frilly twist on this classic by swapping the soda for some bubbly. This bright crimson drink will be all the rage with its deep cherry flavor and exquisite charm. (via Sugar and Soul)
12. St. Germain Kumquat Cocktail: This low-cal drink is full of citrusy flavor and is incredibly refreshing. Fresh kumquats are joined by elderflower liqueur to create a blend that is classy and downright delish. (via Talia Bunting)
13. Poor Liza: This pretty-in-pink cocktail possesses an old-school feel with a modern spin. Notes of pear will liven up your tastebuds along with citrus and bitters. This may look like a dainty drink at first glance, but it’s a potent one — so sit back and sip easy. (via House of Hipsters)
14. Cranberry Moscow Mule With Homemade Cranberry Simple Syrup: Throw a splash of holiday cheer into the traditional Moscow Mule with cranberries. If you’re afraid to mess with a good thing, worry not — this baby is still fizzy and it will still warm your heart with its gingery spice. (via Boulder Locavore)
15. Clementine, Lavender and Meyer Lemon Fizz: This bright and invigorating cocktail is sparkly and sweet with the perfect amount of tang. With every sip, you’ll get a surprising floral boost from the lavender, resulting in a unique mix that will blow everyone’s minds. (via The Girl on Bloor)
16. Pomegranate Cranberry Champagne Punch: When you think of holiday fruits, pomegranate and cranberries are the first that come to mind — and that’s why you need this festive punch in your life this holiday season. Pop the Champagne and pour it over a fresh cranberry reduction and pomegranate juice for the perfect boozy refreshment. (via Chef Savvy)
For more festive + classy cocktail inspo, follow us on Pinterest.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)