13 Delectable Tequila Cocktail Recipes to Celebrate National Tequila Day
You’ve mastered the margarita day party, and you were the first of your friends to try an avocado margarita this summer, so you’re no stranger to the delicious tequila-based drink. But if you’ve never gone beyond the classic margarita, you’re missing out on a LOT. It doesn’t have to be National Tequila Day (today!) for you to celebrate the amazing power of this agave-based liquor, but that certainly helps. Don’t fret — these drinks aren’t the tequila shots of your college days. Instead, these 13 tequila cocktails are here to make your happy hour even happier.
1. Cucumber Lime Tequila Cocktail: If you’ve never tried your hand at making cucumber juice, know that it’s MUCH easier than it looks. Plus, the pretty light green color is enough to trick your friends into thinking they’re drinking margs, and then BOOM! They’re surprised by the sweet and citrusy taste. (via B. Britnell)
2. Orange Mint Tequila Cocktail: If you’re thinking this is a snazzier version of a classic mojito-and-margarita combo, then you’re right. The orange reminds us of the classic tequila drink, while the mint conjures all the flavors of summer. (via Mind Over Batter)
3. Watermelon Tequila Slush: Watermelon cocktails are begging to be sipped on during the warm summer months, and this one is no exception. Thankfully, this one is cool enough to serve at all of your late-summer BBQs. (via Bourbon and Honey)
4. Bloody Maria Shrimp Ceviche: A bloody Maria is like the Bloody Mary’s much sexier south-of-the-border cousin, and with good reason. This one, topped by shrimp ceviche, makes a perfect brunch buddy. (via Laylita’s Recipes)
5. Orange Strawberry Tequila Fizz: This drink’s sort of like a tequila sunrise, but with something sparkly at the end. There’s a lot of color (and flavor!) in this pretty little sip. (via Olives & Garlic)
6. Two-Toned Tequila Sangria: Sangria is basically mandatory when the weather is sweltering, but did you know that it can be made with tequila? Well, now you do! This white sangria with berries is not only scrumptious, but it’s pretty to look at too. (via Cooking Channel)
7. Tequila Mojito: A traditional mojito is great and all, but what if you could substitute rum with tequila? We say a great big YES and rejoice. Maybe with extra mint on top too. (via Garnish With Lemon)
8. Mexican Mai Tai: If you love a good Mai Tai (and who doesn’t), then opt for this Mexican-style version with tequila. Don’t forget the pretty rim when you’re serving it to your besties this weekend. (via A Spicy Perspective)
9. Grapefruit Tequila Slammer: Grapefruit and tequila go together as well as… well, tequila and pretty much everything else on this list. You’re probably more familiar with a paloma cocktail, but this slammer is sure to have you saying “pa-what?” in no time. (via Self Proclaimed Foodie)
10. Tequila Cobbler: A cobbler dessert is a slam dunk in the summer, so why not take those flavors and mix ’em into a drink? Tequila and berries make for a surprising combo that you simply won’t be able to resist. (via The Katie Kime Blog)
11. Mexican Mimosa: Your absolute FAVORITE brunch drink just got a major upgrade thanks to trusty old tequila. Pro tip: Try this same liquor combo in a Bellini for your OJ-hating party guests. (via Garnish With Lemon)
13. Mexican Mule Cocktail: If you find yourself enjoying a classic mule cocktail, it often means you’ve had a looong week and need something extra special. This tequila-loving version says it all, and will say it twice if you make a double ;) (via Treats + Eats)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious cocktail recipes.