33 Delectable Tequila Drinks + Recipes For Any Celebration
Creative Assistant, Meredith Holser, is B+C's resident food writer, photographer, and TikTok taker. Meredith writes about a range of topics for B+C, but she's adopted food writing in all its many facets for the last year. You can see her work published in Do214, Advocate Magazine, WFAA, and North Texas Daily. Meredith's passion for photography began after sneaking her mom's iPhone to take pictures of flowers on vacation, eventually evolving from a passion to a professional career. Outside of work, you can catch Meredith hiking, trying new recipes, and dreaming about having a yummy little treat.
You mastered the margarita-themed party back in the day, and you were the first of your friends to try an avocado margarita, so you're no stranger to delicious tequila drinks. In honor of National Tequila Day on July 24, we rounded up our favorite recipes that use up the the agave-based liquor. If you're looking for a new bev recipe, or simply want to brush up on an old classic, keep reading, because these tequila cocktails are here to make your celebration even happier.
These Tequila Drinks Are Too Delicious To Pass Up
Yes, prickly pears are actually prickly (be careful). Their melon-y flavor makes them ideal for mixing. In this marg, the juice is reduced into a syrup which sweetens the sip. (via Brit + Co.)
There’s a lot of color (and flavor!) in this pretty little sipper. The sweetness of the strawberry is the ideal partner for spicy jalapeño. (via Brit + Co.)
The slushy mix is pre-made and frozen into ice cube trays for convenience, so all you have to do is throw everything in the blender at the last minute. (via Brit + Co.)
If you find yourself enjoying a classic margarita a little too often, switch it up with this colorful version! It makes a top contender for sci-fi movie nights... or just because. (via Brit + Co.)
A shot of tequila has never gone down so smoothly. Don’t forget to sprinkle on the coarse salt! (via Brit + Co.)
If you’ve never tried your hand at infusing your own liquor, know that it’s much easier than it looks. Plus, the combinations are *endless* once you’ve got this in your arsenal. (via Brit + Co.)
A popsicle cocktail is double trouble as it’s a dessert and drink in one. (via Brit + Co.)
With a pink Himalayan salt rim and a garnish of fresh fruit, this marg undoubtedly earns a spot at your next girl's get-together. (via Brit + Co.)
This gorgeous drink brings the heat, chile garnish included. (via Don Julio / Brit + Co.)
Alright – this recipe calls for mezcal, another agave-based liquor, but it could easily be substituted for a golden Reposado tequila. (via Brit + Co.)
Make this twist on a classic margarita for your festivities. It has an acidic, tropical finish, plus it comes in a literal pineapple. (via Brit + Co.)
This ’90s staple is having *a moment* once again. Freeze these babies at home to relive all the nostalgia, and enjoy them poolside for the perfect summer treat. (via Brit + Co.)
The key to the best version of the classic is this 2-1-1 ratio right here. (via Brit + Co.)
If you’re thinking this is a snazzier version of a classic mule and mojito combo, then you’re right. The ginger and mint give it the right amount of kick. (via Brit + Co.)
Fruity cocktail recipes are begging to be sipped on at all of your late-summer barbecue parties. And you could say we're passionate about this passion fruit cocktail ;). (via Brit + Co.)
Bartending at parties can be a thing of the past if you know how to whip up a pitcher full of punch, made with the right ratios. (via Brit + Co.)
Why reserve avocado for guac when you can whirl it up with tequila for a satisfying, refreshing drink? (via Don Julio)
A little spice never hurt anyone. This marg gets delicately garnished in a Tajin and lime rim for added flavor. (via The Edgy Veg)
Photo via Gentyl & Hyers
Citrus-based drinks are basically mandatory when the weather is sweltering. This frozen key lime marg is like an adult slushie. (via Lemonade With Zest)
There's no better vibe than when you mix a warm summer night and a frozen marg. Prep these margs that get whipped up using frozen fruit! (via Amanda Wilens)
This classic tequila infusion combines tangy ginger beer and lime for an ultra-refreshing sip. Plus – the mug is the best part. (via Cozy Cravings)
Floral flavors rock, especially during the warmer months. This tequila sangria is sure to be your go-to companion for patio nights with the fam. (via Half Baked Harvest)
Of all the different twists on the margarita, this black cherry has to be our fave. It's perfectly tart and packs a punch every time. (via Salt & Lavender)
More Tequila Drinks (Including Recipes!)
- 2 oz tequila or mezcal
- 3 dashes Tabasco
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- 8 oz Q Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 slice raw Jalapeño
- Salt the rim of a pint glass and build the drink. Stir gently before garnishing and serving.
Spiked Snow Cones
- 1 oz 21 Seeds Valencia Orange Tequila
- 1.5 oz grapefruit juice
- 0.5 oz simple syrup
- Splash of grenadine
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a container that has a small pointed spout (like a ketchup dispenser). Fill snow cone up with ice using an ice cream scoop. Pack the ice to form rounded heap at top (use your palm if need be). Drizzle the cocktail around the sides of the shaved ice until cone is full, then drizzle a small amount on top for color.
- Tip: Do not pour the drink directly on top of the ice, mound will collapse. Key is to drizzle around the sides then drizzle small amount on top for color.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 6 oz 21 Seeds Valencia Orange Tequila
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 2 cups ice
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup mixed with 2 oz of water
- Place all ingredients except mango, starting with liquids, in a blender. Blend until smooth. Then add the mango. Blend until smooth.
- Rub rim of glasses with fresh lime and dip into Tajin Clasico seasoning salt. Garnish with fresh mint and slice of lime. Serve!
Recipe and image courtesy of 21 Seeds.
Watermelon Spritz Tequila Drink
- 2 oz 21 Seeds Grapefruit Hibiscus Tequila
- 2 oz fresh watermelon juice
- 2 oz club soda
- Place all ingredients except club soda into a shaker with ice. Shake for 30 seconds (totally underrated step, and just *makes* the cocktail), pour into a glass filled with ice, and top with 2 oz club soda.
Recipe and image courtesy of 21 Seeds.
- 2 oz Casa Viejo Blanco tequila
- 1 oz hibiscus tea
- 0.75 oz lime
- 0.5 oz agave
- Shake all ingredients and double strain.
- Serve in a double rocks glass and garnish with a lime wheel.
Recipe and image courtesy of Sereneco.
The Two Fridas
- 1.5 oz La Gritona Reposado
- 0.75 oz Ilegal Mezcal
- 0.5 oz Pineau de Charentes Rouge
- 0.25 oz Cap Corse Blanc
- 0.25 oz Creme de Cassis
- Tsp Bigallet Thym
- Dash Saline Solution
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, add ice and stir until chilled and diluted.
- Serve up in a coupe and garnish with a sprig of candied thyme, if desired.
- To make candied thyme toast 2 cups of thyme sprigs in a saucepan until aromatic, cover with 2 cups water and 1 cup sugar, add the zest of 1 orange and 2 tbsps black sugar.
- Reduce while stirring until candy sets.
- Spread on wax paper on a cooking sheet and set in a refrigerator overnight to cure.
Round Barn’s Peach and Raspberry Margarita Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz Round Barn's Blue Flame Agave (or another blanco tequila)
- 1.5 oz triple sec
- 1 oz sour mix
- Top with Round Barn's Peach Sangria and Raspberry Lemonade Sangria
- Fresh peaches and raspberries
- Pour agave, triple sec, sour mix, with peach slices and raspberries into a shaker filled with ice, and shake vigorously.
- Pour contents into a glass.
- Top with Sangrias.
Recipe and image courtesy of Round Barn.
- 1oz blanco tequila
- 1/2 oz Mata Bianco Vermouth (Spanish Vermouth)
- 1/2 oz Empirical Spirits Ayuuk (Pasilla Chili Distillate)
- 3 dashes toasted sesame tincture
- 3/4 oz pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz salted hot honey syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker, shake, and pour in your favorite glass.
Recipe and image courtesy of Wiggle Room.
This post has been updated.
- 15 Herbaceous Cocktails Full Of Fall Flavors ›
- 25 Pink Cocktail Recipes That’ll Make Your Valentine *Swoon* ›
- 15 Cinco De Mayo Drinks To Pair With Your Fish Tacos ›
- 23 Delectable Tequila Cocktail Recipes for Any Celebration - Brit + Co ›
- 13 Fresca Cocktail Recipes That Prove This Retro Trend Is Hipster ... ›
- The Spicy Paloma Cocktail *Made* for Daytime Drinking - Brit + Co ›
- How to Drink Tequila the Right Way, According to a Master Tequilier ... ›
- 15 La Croix Cocktails to Start the Summer Off Right - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Colorful Summer Cocktails - Brit + Co ›
- 26 Signature Wedding Cocktails for 2022 - Brit + Co ›
- 6 Cocktail Recipes for Virtual Happy Hours - Brit + Co ›
- 21 Healthy-ish Summer Cocktail Recipes to Beat the Heat - Brit + Co ›
- 6 Creative Ways to Celebrate the Holidays with Your BFFs — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- 4 Keto-Friendly Cocktail Recipes That Are Low-Carb (and Delish) - Brit + Co ›