28 Delectable Tequila Drinks + Recipes For Any Celebration
You mastered the margarita-themed party back in the day and you were the first of your friends to try an avocado margarita, so you're no stranger to delicious tequila drinks. In honor of National Tequila Day on July 24, we rounded up our favorite recipes that use up the the agave-based liquor. If you're looking for a new recipe, or want to brush up on an old classic, then keep reading because these tequila cocktails are here to make your celebration even happier.
Courtesy of Q Mixers
- 2 oz Tequila or Mezcal
- 3 dashes Tabasco
- 1 dash Liquid Smoke
- 8 oz Q Bloody Mary Mix
- Tajin Seasoning
- 1 slice Raw Jalapeno
- Salt rim of pint glass and build drink. Stir drink gently before garnishing and serving.
Spiked Snow Cones
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Courtesy of 21 Seeds
- 1 oz 21 Seeds Valencia Orange Tequila
- 1.5 oz Grapefruit juice
- 0.5 oz Simple Syrup
- Splash of grenadine
For the full bottle batch:
- 1 bottle 21 Seeds Valencia Orange Tequila
- 37.5 oz Grapefruit juice
- 12.5 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Grenadine
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a container that has a small pointed spout (like a ketchup dispenser). Fill snow cone up with ice using an ice cream scoop. Pack the ice to form rounded heap at top (use your palm if need be). Drizzle the cocktail around the sides of the shaved ice until cone is full, then drizzle a small amount on top for color.
- Tip: Do not pour the drink directly on top of the ice, mound will collapse. Key is to drizzle around the sides then drizzle small amount on top for color.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Courtesy of 21 Seeds
- 6 oz 21 Seeds Valencia Orange Tequila
- 2 cups frozen mangos
- 2 cups ice
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup mixed with 2 oz of water
- Place all ingredients except mango, starting with liquids, in a blender. Blend until smooth. Then add the mango. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
- Rub rim of glasses with fresh lime and dip into Tajin Clasico seasoning salt. Garnish with fresh mint and slice of lime.
Make this twist on a classic margarita for your festivities. It has an acidic, tropical finish, plus it comes in a literal pineapple. (via Brit + Co)
This ’90s staple is having a moment once again. Freeze these babies at home to relive the nostalgia, and enjoy poolside for the perfect summer treat. (via Brit + Co)
Watermelon Spritz Tequila Drink
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Courtesy of 21 Seeds
- 2 oz 21 Seeds Grapefruit Hibiscus Tequila
- 2 oz fresh watermelon juice
- 2 oz club soda
- Place all ingredients except club soda into a shaker with ice. Shake for 30 seconds (totally underrated and makes the cocktail), pour into a glass filled with ice and top with 2 oz club soda.
If you’re thinking this is a snazzier version of a classic mule and mojito combo, then you’re right. The ginger and mint give it just the right amount of kick. (via Brit + Co)
Fruity cocktail recipes are begging to be sipped on at all of your late-summer barbecue parties. And you could say we're passionate about this passion fruit cocktail ;). (via Brit + Co)
Citrus-based drinks are basically mandatory when the weather is sweltering. This frozen key lime marg is like an adult slushie. (via Lemonade With Zest; photo via Gentyl & Hyers)
Courtesy of Sereneco
- 2 oz Casa Viejo Blanco tequila
- 1 oz hibiscus tea
- 0.75 oz lime
- 0.5 oz agave
- Shake all ingredients and double strain.
- Serve in a double rocks glass and garnish with a lime wheel.
The Two Fridas
Courtesy of Canary Club
- 1.5 oz La Gritona Reposado
- 0.75 oz Ilegal Mezcal
- 0.5 oz Pineau de Charentes Rouge
- 0.25 oz Cap Corse Blanc
- 0.25 oz Creme de Cassis
- Tsp Bigallet Thym
- Dash Saline Solution
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, add ice and stir until chilled and diluted.
- Serve up in a coupe and garnish with a sprig of candied thyme, if desired.
- To make candied thyme toast 2 cups of thyme sprigs in a saucepan until aromatic, cover with 2 cups water and 1 cup sugar, add the zest of 1 orange and 2 tbsps black sugar.
- Reduce while stirring until candy sets.
- Spread on wax paper on a cooking sheet and set in a refrigerator overnight to cure.
Round Barn’s Peach and Raspberry Margarita Cocktail Recipe
Courtesy of Round Barn
- 2 oz Round Barn's Blue Flame Agave (or a silver/blanco tequila)
- 1 1⁄2 oz triple sec
- 1 oz Sour mix
- Top with Round Barn's Peach Sangria and Raspberry Lemonade Sangria
- Fresh peaches and raspberries
- Pour agave, triple sec, sour mix, with peach slices and raspberries into a shaker filled with ice, and shake vigorously.
- Pour contents into a glass.
- Top with Sangrias.
Courtesy of Wiggle Room
- 1oz blanco tequila
- 1/2 oz Mata Bianco Vermouth (Spanish Vermouth)
- 1/2 oz Empirical Spirits Ayuuk (Pasilla Chili Distillate)
- 3 dashes toasted sesame tincture
- 3/4 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz salted hot honey syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker, shake, and pour in your favorite glass.
The slushy mix is pre-made and frozen into ice cube trays for convenience, so all you have to do is throw everything in the blender at the last minute. (via Brit + Co)
- 23 Delectable Tequila Cocktail Recipes for Any Celebration - Brit + Co ›
- 13 Fresca Cocktail Recipes That Prove This Retro Trend Is Hipster ... ›
- The Spicy Paloma Cocktail *Made* for Daytime Drinking - Brit + Co ›
- How to Drink Tequila the Right Way, According to a Master Tequilier ... ›
- 15 La Croix Cocktails to Start the Summer Off Right - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Colorful Summer Cocktails - Brit + Co ›
- 26 Signature Wedding Cocktails for 2022 - Brit + Co ›
- 6 Cocktail Recipes for Virtual Happy Hours - Brit + Co ›
- 21 Healthy-ish Summer Cocktail Recipes to Beat the Heat - Brit + Co ›