Despite the opposition, there are plenty of reasons to be obsessed with The Bachelor/ette franchise. Naysayers might dismiss the hit TV series as just another not-so-reality show, whereas others look to Bachelor and Bachelorette success stories as evidence for their obsession. There’s plenty up for debate when it comes to whether the show is an effective way to meet your perfect match, but two things are for sure: We love Chris Harrison, and WOW are those dates awesome. If you’re on the hunt for Bachelor/ette worthy dates of your own, check out these eight ideas inspired by the reality show.
1. Go on a hot-air balloon ride. If you’ve watched Bachelor/ette contestants fly through the air with jealousy, consider treating yourself and your boo to a hot-air balloon ride. This is an especially great date if you live in an area with a lot of natural scenery; can you imagine recreating one of those sunset kissing scenes from the air?!
2. Take your date skydiving. Maybe taking to the skies is your thing, but in a more extreme sense. If you and your partner live for adrenaline, skydiving might be a great date for you. Skydiving is actually offered in plenty of places across the states — and if you’re hoping for something a little less risky, you can always simulate this date at an indoor skydiving facility like iFly.
3. Recreate something out of your favorite book or movie. The Bachelor/ette producers are clever, and they often use fictional romances as inspiration for dates on the show. If Midnight in Paris has given you dreams of wandering the city together, or you’d love to traverse a winery like in The Parent Trap, plan a date for your partner and you that reflects your wildest fictional fantasies.
4. Have a spa day. Do you and your S.O. love being pampered (or love pampering each other)? Planning a spa day is a great way to kill two birds with one stone: Not only do you get to sneak in some relaxation time, but you can benefit from spending time together in a new, steam-filled environment.
5. Face something fear-inducing. Without fail, each season of The Bachelor/ette includes a date that requires the couple to cling to each other in fear — from jumping off bridges to eating strange foods, it doesn’t get much more Bachelor/ette than doing something scary together.
6. Head to an exotic location. When it comes to epic dates on The Bachelor/ette, the obvious front-runners are dates in exotic places (bonus points for a helicopter ride!). Head to Maui for a breathtaking island tour by air or a thrilling ride by bike down an actual volcano. The Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort, for example, offers a Soar + Savor date worthy of Catherine and Sean Lowe. This experience includes a helicopter ride over Maui’s north shore, landing in the Hana rainforest, where you’ll pick fresh produce together that will then be used to create your dinner at the resort’s signature restaurant. You’ve got a guaranteed rose with this one!
7. Get imaginative at a BYOB art class. A simple but creative way to live out a Bachelor/ette-inspired date is to head to a BYOB art class. Painting and pottery classes accompanied by tasty bevs are popping up everywhere, and they’re a great way to bond over creativity (and some Cabernet) with your partner.
8. Attend a (semi-)private concert. A staple of the Bachelor/ette franchise is the show’s ability to draw on famous singers for private concerts. While you might not be able to call your favorite singer for a private show, you can certainly attend a concert at an intimate venue (or go to a regular concert and pretend it’s intimate anyway!).
What’s your favorite date from The Bachelor/ette? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photo via ABC)