Face it: When you don’t get enough sleep, your body shows it. Those pesky dark circles appear under your eyes and create additional concealing challenges for your morning makeup routine. Of course, you should always try to get enough sleep and eat healthy foods to reduce any issues happening south of your ojos, but sometimes you need a little extra help. And here it is in the form of 14 fixes, from natural remedies to store-bought products.
1. Peach + Yogurt Eye Treatment: For peachy peepers, give this fruity beauty DIY a try. Simply combine a mashed peach and plain yogurt, and apply the mixture to your under eye area. Leave for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off to reveal refreshed eyes. (via YouBeauty)
2. Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel ($14): This gel will make your eyes as cool as cucumbers. While it cools and soothes your eyes to reduce puffiness, it’s also hard at work, brightening those dark circles for a fresh face.
4. Milk: Yep, milk works as a lightener and helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles. But don’t drink it! Swab a little on your under eye area with a cotton ball and watch the magic happen. (via One Good Thing By Jillee)
6. Tea Bags: Who knew tea could be so versatile? The caffeine in tea actually helps to reduce puffiness and darkness, so get brewing. Just remember to cool the bags before placing them anywhere near your eyes. (via Good Housekeeping)
7. Rosewater: Rosewater can be used for just about anything, including lightening those dark circles. Soak a couple cotton balls with rosewater, like Burt’s Bees Rosewater Toner ($11), and place them under your eyes to help soothe and remove darkness. (via Huffington Post)
8. Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment ($38): Made from the maracuja fruit and infused with vitamin C, this cream is packed with ingredients to make your eyes look stunning.
10. Parsley Eye Mask: While the results for this remedy aren’t instant, trust that they’re worth the wait. The vitamins and chlorophyll in parsley help to lighten skin, and the best part? This treatment (smashed parsley + water) is super affordable. Score! (via Hello Natural)
11. Yes to Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream ($14): Give your eyes a luminous glow while fighting those circles. This cream is packed with fruity acids that fade darkness and leave you bright eyed and bushy tailed.
12. Cucumbers: This trick is a time-tested classic. The astringent properties in cucumbers shrink blood vessels and soothe skin to banish dark circles. Treat yo’self to an at-home spa day with this easy eye treatment. (via One Good Thing by Jillee)
13. Potatoes: Potatoes contain enzymes known for their lightening properties, which is great for concealing tired eyes. Place cooled potato slices over each eye for this dark circle fix. Food FTW! (via Huffington Post)
14. Burt’s Bees Brightening Eye Treatment ($20): Add this treatment to your daily beauty routine. Infused with daisy extract, the natural formula diminishes dark circles for fresh eyes.
How do you kick dark circles to the curb? Do you have a favorite store bought product or natural remedy? Let us know!