How to Summer-Proof Your Makeup Routine
Summer is here and with that comes plenty of heat and outdoor activities which tends to make our eye makeup get a lil’ smudged up. So, what’s a mascara-loving gal to do? Make sure that cat eye doesn’t run away!
Follow along to see how to use makeup you already have to make your makeup stay put, even on the hottest of summer days.
1. Apply an eyeshadow primer to the lids of your eyes using your fingertips. The warmth from the tip of your finger helps blend the product in better and this will avoid makeup creasing as well as provide a base for your shadow to adhere to. I love Guerlain Ombre Eclat Soothing Primer.
2. Now apply a shadow that is one shade lighter than your skin tone all over your lids, browbone and inner corner of your eyes. I used Vanilla by MAC.
3. Use a medium matte shadow in your crease being sure to go a little heavier with the application on the outer corner of your eyes. You want this color to give a little dimension back to your lid without too much drama. I love using Naked from Urban Decay for contouring my crease.
4. Apply your liner. For a daytime look I like to use Palladio Retractable Waterproof Herbal Liner in Brownie.
5. Even though the liner is waterproof, it is always good to reinforce the longevity of wear by setting it with shadow. I used Darkhorse by Urban Decay.
6. Before adding mascara, curl your lashes to help lift them up and away from your lash line.
7. The best bet for no smudging mascara is to go with a waterproof one, however it can be a little damaging to your lashes if you use it daily. For a daily mascara that is not waterproof but can stand a little sweat, use They’re Real by Benefit. This mascara rules! It goes on without clumping, adds immediate length and volume and it has a lot of the features of waterproof mascara without needing a special makeup remover to take it off.
And there you have it! An easy way to make sure your beautiful makeup doesn’t run away during those hot summer days.