The Busy Girl Guide to NYFW: 5 Must-See Instagrams from Day 3
Kate Spade dropped a new line of beyond quirky handbags and Betsy Johnson cartwheeled down the runway to celebrate her 50th season, but another big-name designer’s show stole the spotlight on day three of New York Fashion Week — and had the celeb-packed front row to go along with it. See the ultra creative, can’t-miss moment below, along with the other essential takeaways from New York Fashion Week in our latest installment of the Busy Girl Guide to NYFW.
1. Need-It-Now Look: Ruffles and lace have been ruling the runway, so it’s refreshing to see the frilly-femme trend take a bit of a grungy turn, like with this Cushnie et Ochs number. The soft color, like-a-glove fit, daring cuts and edgy accents put this dress at the top of our dream girl wardrobe. (@brunasmood)
2. DIY Hair Inspo: We don’t know where to start with the hair hacks seen at Pamella Roland. From the slick third day hair look to the faux bob finish from the choker tuck, these are lazy girl moves we’ll definitely be pulling this spring. (via @bigblondehair)
3. Next-Level Makeup: Don’t be shy about those pops of color. At Chromat, a bold blue brow and a swipe of electric pink under the eyes complete this playful look (via @thegreyestghost)
4. Street Style #Slay: The Givenchy show drew a major celeb crowd that did not disappoint with its outfit choices, like Nicki Minaj’s chic spotted dress and Ciara’s vampy, floor-length tunic. But Kim Kardashian West stole the show, as she’s known to do, by *basically* wearing her bra, panties and sheer negligee to show off her baby bump. (via @lucyrabbitte)
5. OMG Runway Moment: Givenchy, Givenchy, Givenchy. The drama, the romance, the risk: every moment of the Paris designer’s very first NYFW runway show was breathtaking, so, we couldn’t pick just one snap. You *have* to stare at Joan Small’s jaw-dropping gothic gown, the Victorian-inspired slingbacks that are dripping in jewels (which, along with the stepped catwalk, caused a model to take a tumble), the otherworldly jeweled face masks that basically stole the show and Kendall Jenner’s NYFW debut with bleached eyebrows. (via @bengorham, @caassange, @__trendsetter_uk__, @jasmineringomua)
See the recap from Day 2.
See the recap from Day 1.
What Insta feeds are you following this FW? Share your favorite NYFW moments with us in the comments below.