Olivia Palermo’s Skinny Scarf Is a Chic AF Summer Trend
This summer, celebrity accessory trends have varied from Blake Lively’s gorgeous Southwestern jewelry to Lorde’s basic baseball cap and Elisabeth Olsen’s preppy wicker bag. But a lot of these trends are seasonal, which means we’ll sadly have to pack them away once some chillier air rolls in. Olivia Palermo’s latest fave fashion accessory just happens to be the perfect transitional season solution.
We’re talkin’ about the skinny scarf. It’s on-point for light summer dressing as a way to accessorize without overheating, but it will also work well as we move into fall as a retro-inspired accent. Two seasons for the price of one is a trend you can’t refuse — here’s how to get the look.
1. Nasty Gal Clotilde Skinny Scarf ($18): This pretty ‘70s-inspired orange color works year-round, but will look especially good with fall’s colors. Pair it now with a summery chambray dress.
2. Roffe Accessories Printed Scarf ($34): Tiny prints like these help jazz up neutrals. A white dress like Olivia’s is a great canvas for this scarf, but you could also tie it in your hair to bring some personality to a simple black shift.
3. Chan Luu Striped Skinny Scarf ($55): If you’re looking for a way to bring new life to your old standby tee, this one from Chan Luu will certainly do it. You could even tie the ends together to make it into a necklace!
4. These Are the Days Skinny Scarf ($18): Suede adds a bit of cool to a feminine blouse or dress — just try to avoid wearing it with a denim shirt or skirt to keep it from looking costume-y.
5. Henri Bendel Skinny Scarf ($78): Tuck this skinny scarf into a v-neck top to make it more conservative and suitable for work.
6. Forever 21 Shimmering Scarf ($6): Going out and want to glam up your look, but not sure you want to break out your statement necklace or chandelier earrings? Try adding a shiny scarf like this one instead.
7. Ted Baker Pearly Petal Scarf ($65): If you’re not quite ready to let go of summer, the pretty floral print of this scarf will keep that carefree feeling going into fall.
8. Guess Poppy Print Scarf ($19): These deep jewel tones will help brighten up your facial features when worn as a scarf, but it’ll look adorable AF tied around your wrist as a bracelet, too.
9. ASOS Leopard Skinny Scarf ($10): Channeling the ‘60s! Leopard print may feel bold, but it is definitely a neutral, so add this to any gray, black, brown, navy or white outfit for a fail-proof home run.
Show us your skinny scarf outfits on Instagram with #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)