7 #OOTDs for the Week: Why You Need a Colorful Skirt This Spring
Typically when we add a pop of color to an outfit, it’s either a supporting player or a top. For whatever reason, we resign our bottoms to neutrals, and with denim and earthy ’70s hues so big this spring, it’ll be easy to fall into that state of mind when you’re getting dressed. As self-proclaimed color lovers, we say, shake it up. This week’s outfit inspiration is all about the underdog It item of the season — a bold colored skirt. The ladies in these #OOTDs give us seven good reasons why you need one (or more!) in your life.
1. @rantiinreview: Believe it or not, neon yellow is one of the most universally flattering hues around, and playful enough to stand up to a more casual top like Ranti’s sweatshirt. Don’t be afraid to invite other pops of color to the party to amp up the fun — that includes a bold lip.
2. @jamiechung: For a more refined take on the look, pair your skirt with a top of the same shade. The matchy-matchy move might be the easiest way to streamline your look ever, especially when paired with crisp white accessories like Jamie’s done here, from shoes to sunnies.
3. @kattanita: This is the can-do-no-wrong pairing: a basic white tank or cami tucked into a bold-hued skirt. As Kat shows, it’s a simple, elegant look that will work both at the office and on date night.
4. @veryallegra: Put a more offbeat twist on the classic white top and candy-colored pairing by swapping out that cami for a T-shirt. We love the extra wink Allegra gives to her look by knotting her top.
5. @fashionablykay: Think like a fashion girl the next time you slip on a bold skirt and make a statement with an equally colorful top. Extra points for mixing textures or patterns too. Because, as Makayla shows, the bigger the clash, the better.
7. @apinchoflovely: Give in to the fun feel of a technicolored skirt by keeping it trendy on top. From the circle bag to the off-the-shoulder top to the half top knot, there’s no doubt that Krystal isn’t having a total ball.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.