Go Backless With 11 Gorgeous Open-Back Wedding Gowns
When it comes to helping you find the perfect wedding dress, we’ve always got your back. And right now we’re taking that in a more literal direction. With open-back and illusion-back styles majorly trending, this gorgeous look is inspiring modern brides everywhere to go non-traditional on the big day. Of course, there are countless ways to personalize your look (hello, DIY wedding ideas for days). Whether you want to channel your inner princess or glam it up like a sexy siren, there’s so much to love about these 11 bold and beautiful backs.
2. Megan Dress (Price available upon request): Studded trim details and an open back lend understated edge to this dreamy English net gown. The A-line cut is universally flattering, while a halter illusion neckline helps show off your shoulders.
3. The Kitty Dress ($10,795): While definitely a big splurge, this flower-dotted dress is just right for a garden wedding. Make it your own when planning a low-key summer soiree, and achieve a laid-back look by donning a flower crown instead of a traditional veil.
4. Crisscross Dress (Price available upon request): Celebrate your curves in a body-hugging gown made from ivory French corded lace and rum-pink charmeuse. Glamorous brides are sure to adore the chandelier embroidered cap sleeves and jeweled crisscross back.
5. Daisy Dress (Price available upon request): A simple sheath is always a lovely choice, especially when it features an illusion back with vine-like threadwork. This gown’s slinky silhouette and silk crepe fabric make it a sexy, stylish pick for an upscale beach wedding.
6. Sierra Dress (<$7,500): If going completely backless is a bit too much for you, dial things down a notch by showing only a slender sliver of skin. We just love this gown’s crystallized bodice and plunging V-neck, which both guarantee plenty of drama up front.
7. Elegant Lace Gown ($900): Lace sleeves deliver a look of timeless elegance, while an open back adds a modern touch of trendiness. You’ll be ready to dance the night away in this classy tea-length dress.
8. Lorna Dress (Price available upon request): Wishing you could wear a halter-style dress and your favorite statement necklace? Here, a crystal hand-beaded neckline gives you the best of both worlds.
9. Roxanne Dress (Price available upon request): Put all of that strength training to good use by stepping out in this back-baring showstopper. Complete with studded straps, a sparkly bodice and free-flowing skirt, it’s the perfect choice for the modern-day princess.
10. Rosalie Dress (Price available upon request): Featuring floral lace trim and romantic rose motifs, this dress promises a picture-perfect entrance (and exit). Keep things sweetly chic by carrying a rose bouquet or sticking a couple fresh blooms in your hair.
11. Julietta Collection Dress (Price available upon request): Cinderella herself would surely approve of this gown’s elegant embroidery and crystal-beaded waistline. Snag it for your own fairytale wedding, and get ready to be the belle of the ball.
Would you go backless on your big day? Share your favorite dress designs below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.