Eco-Baby! 11 Smart Organic Gifts for a New Baby
Oh, baby! Yep, your bestie is about to give birth. But while the big B-Day is looming, you’re feeling like a godmother without a gift. Your bestie doesn’t want another stuffed toy for her nursery. A box of diapers is safe, but soooo boring. Baby deserves the best, and it’s your mission to find him or her a safe (and super-cute) present that mom will love, too. From the essential bottle to oh-so-handy storage bins, we’ve discovered 11 smart and thoughtful organic gifts that any mom will approve of. Feeling generous? Grab a few of ’em and turn this present into one impressive gift basket.
1. Organic Whale One-Piece ($30): Whales are everyone’s favorite. Put your sweetie to bed in style with this simple one-piece.
3. Organic Cotton Leggings ($38): These organic leggings are as comfy as pjs and as cute as designer duds. Now if only they made them in our size…
4. Little Hip Squeaks Organic Baby Blanket ($45): Baby totally needs a geo-print blanket. And maybe, just maybe, this is that blanket.
5. LifeFactory 4 oz. Glass Bottles ($14): These babies are BPA free and protected with brightly-colored non-toxic silicone sleeves.
6. Organic Baby Bib ($25): The bandanna bib is SO hip right now. Baby’s gonna make some messes…but he’ll be cute while he’s doing it.
7. Hushamok OKOA Hammock ($600): Short of putting baby in a bubble, there’s no better way to protect your lil’ one than soothing them in this totally dreamy OKOA hammock. Before you balk at the bottom line, consider just how much a good night’s sleep is worth. Translation: Hushamok is basically handing you the gift of sleep. What new mommy isn’t into that?
you’ll want to sleep with it.
9. Glacier Mountain Flannel gPants ($22): Mommas everywhere — including celeb moms Julia Roberts and Alyson Hannigan — are raving about reusable gPants diapers. And there’s clearly a reason.
10. Organic Ergobaby Baby Carrier ($140): Oh, baby, we need this Ergobaby! It’s essential for helping new mommies comfort baby, hands-free.
11. Organic Colorblock Socks ($10): Baby’s got places to go! Outfit your tot down to her teensy toes with these oh-so-comfy color block socks.