Eco-Baby! 11 Smart Organic Gifts for a New Baby
Oh, baby! Yep, your bestie is about to give birth. But while the big B-Day is looming, you’re feeling like a godmother without a gift. Your bestie doesn’t want another stuffed toy for her nursery. A box of diapers is safe, but soooo boring. Baby deserves the best, and it’s your mission to find him or her a safe (and super-cute) present that mom will love, too. From the essential bottle to oh-so-handy storage bins, we’ve discovered 11 smart and thoughtful organic gifts that any mom will approve of. Feeling generous? Grab a few of ’em and turn this present into one impressive gift basket.
1. Organic Whale One-Piece ($30): Whales are everyone’s favorite. Put your sweetie to bed in style with this simple one-piece.
3. Organic Cotton Leggings ($38): These organic leggings are as comfy as pjs and as cute as designer duds. Now if only they made them in our size…
4. Little Hip Squeaks Organic Baby Blanket ($45): Baby totally needs a geo-print blanket. And maybe, just maybe, this is that blanket.
5. LifeFactory 4 oz. Glass Bottles ($14): These babies are BPA free and protected with brightly-colored non-toxic silicone sleeves.
6. Organic Baby Bib ($25): The bandanna bib is SO hip right now. Baby’s gonna make some messes…but he’ll be cute while he’s doing it.
7. Hushamok OKOA Hammock ($600): Short of putting baby in a bubble, there’s no better way to protect your lil’ one than soothing them in this totally dreamy OKOA hammock. Before you balk at the bottom line, consider just how much a good night’s sleep is worth. Translation: Hushamok is basically handing you the gift of sleep. What new mommy isn’t into that?
8. Organic Chevron Swaddling Blanket ($40): Pottery Barn’s swaddling blankets are made from organic cotton that’s so soft, you’ll want to sleep with it.
9. Glacier Mountain Flannel gPants ($22): Mommas everywhere — including celeb moms Julia Roberts and Alyson Hannigan — are raving about reusable gPants diapers. And there’s clearly a reason.
10. Organic Ergobaby Baby Carrier ($140): Oh, baby, we need this Ergobaby! It’s essential for helping new mommies comfort baby, hands-free.
11. Organic Colorblock Socks ($10): Baby’s got places to go! Outfit your tot down to her teensy toes with these oh-so-comfy color block socks.
Did we miss an essential that baby can’t live without? Share your smart finds below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)