19 Natural Baby Products That Moms Swear By
You’ve purchased the wooden rattles, the BPA-free bottles and the organic baby food handbook, but now it’s time to think about the things you put on your baby. When it comes to soaps, powders and butt balms, you want to make sure you’re using only the best for your little one. We get it, so we stalked parents around the Internet to round up these 19 tried-and-true all-natural baby products to buy and DIY.
1. Ora’s Amazing Baby Powder ($10): Baby powder is notoriously nasty in natural health circles, so this powder is made with your baby’s lungs in mind. It’s made without talc or corn starch, and instead uses pure Kaolin clay powder, baking soda, arrowroot powder and plantain leaf powder. Best of all, nothing will be masking that wonderful new baby smell. Ora’s Amazing Herbal Baby Powder is formulated with babies’ skin, lungs, and delicious smell in mind.
2. Honest Company Organic Breathe Easy Rub ($10): Oh, sniffles! If your kid is congested, rub this menthol-free, petroleum-less balm on their chest to help them breathe easy. It’s made with certified organic aromatherapy ingredients like rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus and tea tree to ease the lungs. You can use it too!
3. Citrus Lane ($21-29/month): You love your subscription boxes, but did you know they have ’em for babies too? Many of Citrus Lane’s brand partners are organic, eco-friendly and naturally minded companies, so you can expect some quality hauls every month!
4. Badger Baby Sunscreen ($14): Throw out all your regular sunscreens, now. You’ll soon see that the Badger knows best with this zinc oxide sunblock that’s free from harmful ingredients.
5. Homemade Diaper Balm: As this blogger says, “Happy bottom, happy baby.” This diaper balm is made with plenty of naturally healing ingredients. It’s antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiviral, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, made with essential oils and beeswax. It’s safe for cloth diapers, and can double as a natural Neosporin for the whole family. (via Oven Love Blog)
6. Homemade Baby Products: If you’re the DIY-ing kind, this lovely mama blogger and chef has shared some super simple recipes for baby powder, baby oil, baby lotion, diaper rash treatment, baby shampoo and baby wipes. You don’t need more than six ingredients to make the entire set! (via The Elliot Homestead)
7. California Baby Overtired + Cranky Everywhere Spritzer ($14): Aromatherapy for the little ones? It works! Soothing chamomile, tangerine and sweet orange lift spirits and sweeten tempers. You can spray it just about anywhere, including blankets before bed, inside cars during long trips and even on yourself to alleviate menstrual irritability.
8. Natural Bath Time DIYs: Soap Blog has shared a few of their favorite recipes for baby baths. From herbal bath milk made with goat’s milk to a ylang-ylang and rose baby powder, these homemade recipes might be even swankier than your store-bought stuff. (via Soap Blog)
9. Jack ‘n’ Jill Natural Toothpaste ($15): The baby might not have teeth… yet. But when those molars start growing in, you best be ready with this Aussie-made natural toothpaste in flavors like blueberry, strawberry, banana, raspberry and black currant.
10. Amber Teething Necklace($20): This calming necklace is meant to be worn close to the skin, not chewed — an it’s one of those old-fashioned teething tricks that’s new again. It might sound like an old wive’s tale, but there is a bit of science to back this up. The amber contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic capabilities due to the mineral’s natural succinic acid.
11. Bluum Subscription Box ($23-29/month): The Bluum box is one of the top baby boxes because they customize each order depending on the age of the child. And they always throw some all-natural products in there, as well as goodies for mom! :)
12. Babyganics All-Purpose Surface Wipes ($14): Baby puts something in his mouth. You take it away and clean it off. Repeat. Using these plant-based wipes without harsh chemicals will assure that even if you’re baby is touching and tasting everything in sight, they won’t be chewing on ammonia or bleach.
13. DIY Natural Baby Bum Cream: Organic shea butter, chamomile-infused coconut oil, arrowroot powder and bentonite clay come together for this homemade balm that smells amazing and works like a charm. (via A Blossoming Life)
14. The Honest Company’s Diapers and Wipes Bundle ($80/month): Subscription-based, natural diaper delivery with Jessica Alba’s stamp of approval? Where do we sign up?
15. Weleda Calendula Diaper Rash Cream ($9): If you don’t have time to DIY, this formula is a favorite. This barrier cream relieves delicate skin and helps heal redness and inflammation. It’s breathable, but protects like nobody’s business.
16. Nellie’s All-Natural Laundry Nuggets ($20): Regular laundry detergent can be harsh on babies’ sensitive skin, and these convenient, hypoallergenic nuggets are perfect for busy parents. The detergent is tough on stains, but gentle enough for those wee ones creating mountains of laundry for you each day.
17. Nature’s Baby Organics Silky Dusting Powder ($7): Tapioca starch in this super absorbent powder works wonders to keep babies dry, and the organic aloe and calendula calm irritation and relieve chaffing.
18. California Baby SPF30 Stick ($15): A must-stock for your diaper bag.
19. Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Bubble Bath ($9): Try saying that five times fast! Burt’s tear-free bubble bath is made from coconut and sunflower oil, with comforting vanilla extract that smells so good we’re probably going to have to borrow it from your kid a few times.
Did we miss one of your favorites? Let us know in the comments!