10 Patriotic Breakfast Treats To Have You Feeling Americana Summer Vibes
Summer = bonfires + barbecue recipes + lemonade + apple pie, and altogether, these classic summer staples scream Americana. After a long and contentious election season (and perhaps even longer and more contentious adjustment period), we’re feeling like taking a *time-out* from all the negativity and just enjoying this American summer we’re about to have. And what better way to get in the mood than by starting the day off with some patriotic breakfast treats? Save the patriotic cocktails for later in the day… These are the perfect all-American brekky options.
2. Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake Strawberries: Ever wanted a slice of cheesecake but wished you had a healthy-ish way to eat it? These bite-sized desserts are the *perfect* solution. (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
3. Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Waffles: Here’s a little tip for you. You can put strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream on top of literally ANYTHING and it can suddenly become patriotic. Case in point: These AH-mazing waffles. (via Krusteaz)
4. Fourth of July Breakfast Toast: Made with whole-grain toast, cream cheese, strawberry jam and fresh fruit, these cute little toasts are nutritious and delicious. And — bonus — they’re completely kid-friendly. (via Money Saving Mom)
5. Mixed Berry Vanilla Baked Oatmeal: This super healthy and nutritious breakfast also happens to be patriotic-themed. It’s a delectable baked oatmeal dish made with coconut oil, almond milk, eggs, oats, fresh fruit, and maple syrup. Doesn’t get much more wholesome than that! (via Julie’s Eats and Treats)
6. Lemon Berry Napoleons: If you’ve never heard of napoleons before, you’re about to get on board. They’re essentially comprised of sweet cream sandwiched between layers of puff pastry, all topped with fresh fruit. (via Home. Made. Interest.)
7. Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs: These tiny little shortcake kabobs might LOOK bite-sized, but keep in mind that after eating your way through a whole skewer, you’ve essentially consumed an entire regular-sized piece of shortcake. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. (via Sugar Apron)
8. Fruit and Cream Cheese Pastries: These classic pastries can easily be made Patriotic by using blueberries and strawberries… Or blueberries, cream cheese, AND strawberry jam for the full effect. (via Just a Taste)
9. Patriotic Fruit Skewers: These super-simple skewers are about as minimalist as it gets: They’re made with watermelon, fresh coconut, and a blueberry. As a bonus, they’re both vegan AND Pale0-friendly. (via Domestically Blissful)
10. Patriotic Parfaits: To round out our list, here’s another patriotic parfait idea for you. We especially love the idea of serving these babies in cute little mason jars for your guests to enjoy. And besides, mason jars make these a quick and convenient take-to-work snack. (via Eighteen25)
Follow us on Pinterest for more seasonal and holiday-themed food ideas!