12 Patriotic Layered Drinks for the 4th of July
The Fourth of July is the perfect opportunity to channel your inner Taylor Swift and be the hostess with the mostest (red lippy required). You’re already making a classic flag cake for your BBQ, so you might as well show off your mad bartending skills by layering up a few red, white and blue drinks too. Whether they’re cocktails, smoothies or kid-friendly summer mocktails, there’s a patriotic layered beverage out there for everyone. Stock up on festive straws and sparklers, because you’ll want to dress these drinks up as much as possible. Keep reading for 12 easy and impressive layered drinks that’ll make your Fourth of July party a total hit.
1. Bomb Pop Jello Shot: You can’t have a raging Independence Day BBQ without Jello shots. Instead of resorting to your standard jiggly bites, take the time to make these layered ones that resemble your favorite childhood popsicle. (via Bread Booze Bacon)
2. The Independent: If you don’t have the time to layer every drink, incorporate the style into your ice cubes. Red cherry Kool-aid, coconut milk and raspberry Kool-aid are frozen into large ice cube trays and used to accessorize your fave sparkling cocktail. (via The Gastronom)
3. Firecracker Cocktail: When layering cocktails, you’ll want to layer the thicker and more heavily sweetened liquids on the bottom and the lighter liquids on top. This one has cranberry juice cocktail on the bottom, blue Curacao liqueur and vodka in the middle and club soda on top to finish. (via Always Order Dessert)
4. Frozen Boozy Bomb Pop Drink: To say this drink is the bomb would be an understatement. Cherry and blue raspberry vodkas spike their respected layers for a, icy, refreshing cocktail you’ll want to sip on all day long. (via Simply Fresh Cooking)
5. Inaugural Boozy Milkshake: Adding a little bit of bourbon to your milkshake sounds like the best idea EVER. Split up the shake and add a few drops of food coloring to mimic the American flag. (via She Knows)
6. July 4th Layered Drinks: These kid-friendly drinks are so fun, everyone will want to make their own. Cran-apple juice, Piña Colada-flavored juice and Gatorade make up this cheery beverage that’s as delicious as it is adorable. (via In Katrina’s Kitchen)
7. Layered 4th of July Drink: Use a mini star cookie cutter to make these adorable watermelon garnishes for your signature holiday mocktail. This recipe is booze-free, but if you’re in need of an adult beverage, feel free to add a bit of coconut rum to the bottom layer. (via Skip to My Lou)
8. Triple Berry Frozen Smoothies: Not all patriotic layered drinks have to be boozy or full of sugar. Wake up on the Fourth and make yourself this healthy breakfast smoothie that will keep you going through each and every cookout you attend. (via In Katrina’s Kitchen)
9. Red, White and Blueberry Margaritas: You may never want regular margs again after trying these tangy and sweet coconut berry ‘ritas. Make sure to keep the layers fairly thick so they don’t bleed into one another. (via Gimme Some Oven)
10. Red, White and Blue Vodka Lemonade Slushies: Talk about an invigorating drink for a steamy summer day. Crushing your ice in the blender before layering your drinks means you’ll keep cool until the very last sip. (via And They Cooked Happily Ever After)
12. Patriotic Panna Cotta Shooters: These creamy and fruity coconut panna cotta shooters will be the centerpiece of your Independence Day bash. The edible gold star garnish is an absolute must. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)