This Is the Natural Skincare Brand for Ladies With Sensitive Skin
Fact: Skincare is not one size fits all. The products and brands that work for your bestie or your fave celeb might not be right for you, particularly if you struggle with sensitive skin. There are myriad products out there and, while some adventurous beauty-loving babes may be down for trial and error, that’s not really an option for gals with easily irritated complexions.
But the good news is that there’s a rise in brands that have done the grunt work for you — zeroing in on AND removing the ingredients that are most likely to cause mega irritation. And that’s exactly what natural beauty newcomer Peet Rivko has done. Founded by Johanna Peet, who struggled with finding a natural brand that worked with her sensitive skin, the line of plant-based products is all about simplicity. And did we mention her childhood pal Aubrey Plaza is an investor and brand ambassador?
As many a great brand do, Peet Rivko started out of necessity. In her early 20s, Johanna’s skin began to react poorly to harsh actives and synthetics found in many conventional skincare products. So she decided to make the switch to plant-based skincare. Unfortunately, what she found were super pricey products and irritants galore. (Hate to break it to you, but many natural ingredients commonly used in skincare, like essential oils, nut oils, limonene and floral extracts, could wreak havoc on skin.) So she started her own line of zero-toxic, zero-irritant skin care, made right here in the good ol’ USA using only the highest quality, responsibly sourced, plant-based ingredients. Peet Rivko’s debut collection includes a trio of sensitive skin saviors.
1. Gentle Cleanser ($30): The ingredient list on this ultra-gentle cream cleanser reads like a who’s who, err what’s what, of skin-soothers. Glycerin, aloe vera, green tea and comfrey team up to wash away grit and grime, while balancing skin’s natural pH and sebum.
2. Daily Moisturizer ($48): Lightweight, long-lasting hydration that also calms irritation? Sign us up! Soothing aloe gets a boost from mega moisturizing coconut and jojoba oils and emollient shea butter.
3. Balancing Face Oil ($56): If you love the idea of face oil but can’t quite get behind it for fear of your face looking like an oil slick, this is for you. The brand’s signature blend of avocado, jojoba and prickly pear oils nourishes skin sans grease.
Tweet us @BritandCo your favorite natural skincare brands!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo via Peet Rivko)
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)