The 11 Best Ways to Celebrate National Picnic Month
Grab your blanket, basket, and a bottle of rosé (or two), because it’s National Picnic Month, y’all! We’ve got 11 cute and colorful DIYs in the queue that’ll have you inspired and ready to picnic like a pro before the season’s over. So gather the gals, pick out a park spot, and get ready to have your most ‘gram-worthy outdoor experience yet — no filters needed!
1. DIY Color-Block Food Domes: Keep those ants marching AWAY from your food with DIY color-block food domes. Bug-issues aside, we’d be okay packing these covers based on looks alone. (via Sugar & Cloth)
3. Make a Picnic-Friendly Pasta Salad: Make the main event — the food — fit well with your occasion. A colorful pasta salad like this one tastes delish AND transports well to your fave al fresco spot. (via Brit + Co)
4. Make a Floral Picnic Basket: Transform an ordinary wicker basket into something a little more magical. We’re obsessed with this floral option that makes your accessory more glam with the help of basic craftin’ supplies. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. DIY Acrylic Trays: Take a tray with you to keep mealtime spill-free. We’re lovin’ the summery take on this basic acrylic option, especially when it’s decked out in a picnic-approved theme. (via Damask Love)
9. Make Picnic Blankets Out of Drop Cloths: Festive, fun, and fruity — however you describe them, these drop-cloths-turned-picnic-blankets will pair well with your next day at the park. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Picnic Plates: These checkered plates couldn’t be more picnic-y if they tried. And since they are BPA-free, food-safe, and dishwasher-safe, you might as well make a few. (via Delineate Your Dwelling)
Lovin’ all this outdoor inspo? Follow us on Pinterest for more ways to celebrate National Picnic Month!