When it comes to wedding planning, Pinterest is the inspiration mother ship. So, needless to say, when the mood-board mecca released its 2017 Pinterest Wedding Report, we couldn’t get our hands (and eyes) on it fast enough. One of our favorite finds: Printed, patterned, and often mismatched bridesmaids dresses are on the rise. We are SO into that. Injecting a little whimsy and personality into their looks can take them from pretty backdrop to drop-dead gorge in no time. And don’t your best girls deserve that much? Take a look at the 11 best printed bridal party looks straight from Pinterest. Trust us; your bridesmaids — not to mention your photos — will thank you.
1. Pretty Pastels: Keeping the palette limited and the prints of similar scale make for mismatched magic. Swoon.
2. Dark Romance: Start with one pattern, then pull out the colors in that print to create a scheme for the rest. The result? Stunning visuals and individuality for your ladies.
3. Earthy Islander: Tropical prints and flower crowns strike a totally laid-back, bohemian note.
4. Floral and Fun: White dresses aren’t just for the bride, especially when they’re covered in colorful blooms. Plus, no need for elaborate, bold bouquets — just simple baby’s breath completes the look.
5. Subtle Stripes: If you’re into the nautical-meets-preppy thing (raises hand) but want to keep things delicate, try a muted stripe. The short length also keeps the pattern from dominating photos and varying bridesmaid body types.
6. Soft and Feminine: Alternating feminine prints with solid color keeps things interesting. Mixing in separates takes it to an entirely new and practical level.
7. Bold and Preppy: Love stripes and don’t care who knows it? Go graphic (but still girly) in thick black and white lines.
8. Subtle and Springy: One-shoulder with minty pleats? Yes. A print dress you can wear again? Double yes.
9. Playful Tropics: Palm leaf prints and tassel earrings just scream island wedding. Fun, fresh, and unexpected for bridesmaids!
10. Mismatched Vintage: Like an heirloom family photo come to life! Garden florals on old-school silhouettes feel totally timeless. We particularly love the mix of moody and soft florals.
11. Linear Meets Botanical: Mix stripes with pops of green for a stylish and sophisticated mash-up. Keep flowers neutral to balance it all out!
Want more wedding style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!