13 Pinto Bean Recipes to Keep You Full and Satisfied
We’re always looking for ways to eat like a queen even when money is tight, and when it comes to making affordable but satisfying dinners, you can’t beat beans. Whether you’re making chili for meatless Monday or whipping up a pot of classic baked beans, they add protein and flavor to all your meals. We *especially* love pintos. They have a creamy, rich texture that works in a variety of different dishes. These 13 pinto bean recipes will make churning out healthy, hunger-blasting dinners a cinch.
1. Vegan Slow Cooker Pinto Bean Enchiladas: Enchiladas become a weeknight meal with this vegan recipe. Prep your dish in just 15 minutes, then cook it for two hours and enjoy. (via Oh My Veggies)
2. Smoked Turkey Bean Soup: Sometimes the simplest meals are the best. You’ll find yourself craving this modest meal of pinto bean soup, made with a richly flavorful smoked turkey leg. (via Diverse Dinners)
3. Chicken Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes: Tender baked sweet potatoes are swapped in for tortillas in this nutritious recipe. (via The Cheerful Kitchen)
4. Vegan Seven Layer Burritos: Homemade refried beans add a creamy texture and lots of protein to these burritos. Wrap them up along with rice, guac, and plenty of toppings. (via Connoisseurus Veg)
5. Chicken Chili Casserole: A spicy blend of veggies, enchilada sauce, and chicken make up this casserole. But the sprinkle of tortilla chips and cheese on top are what will keep you going back for more. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
6. Mediterranean Pinto Bean and Rice Soup: This economical meal is made with beans and brown rice, giving you a hearty helping of protein and whole grains in each bowl. Its flavor comes from onion, pepper, garlic, and tomatoes, a simple but tasty combination. (via Tasty Mediterraneo)
7. Scallop and Pinto Bean Fajitas: Sweet, juicy scallops are a fun swap for the usual chicken or beef in your fajitas. They’re paired with pintos, veggies, and a roasted red pepper sauce. (via A Taste of Joy and Love)
8. Sausage and 5 Bean Soup: Bacon and sausage add a smokey flavor to this soup. Serve with some crusty bread so you can soak up the savory broth. (via Living Chirpy)
9. Mexico-Inspired Hot Dogs: Hot dogs (and veggie dogs) are a simple choice for weeknight dinners. Top them with a colorful pinto bean and sweet pepper salsa and a drizzle of avocado crema for good measure. (via Culinary Ginger)
10. White Chicken Chili: Creamy, spicy white chicken chili is comfort food at its best. It’s made with a blend of good-for-you ingredients like pinto beans and veggies, and gets a touch of indulgence from Swiss and Gruyere cheese. (via Things I Made Today)
11. Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers: Stuffed bell peppers hit the mark when it comes to your nutritional needs, and they’re darned tasty too. Prepare them in your slow cooker and relax until dinner’s ready. (via My California Roots)
12. Green Chili and Pinto Burgers: This recipe shows that there’s a whole world out there beyond frozen veggie burger patties. Make your own from a hearty mix of beans and chiles, then slap them on pretzel buns and slather with a silky homemade cheddar sauce. (via Veggie and the Beast Feast)
13. Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Wild Rice Soup: Sweet potatoes break down and help thicken the broth of this cozy veggie and rice soup. Pintos add protein the mix, so each bowl is a complete meal. (via The Pretty Bee)
For more healthy meal ideas, follow us on Pinterest.