Chances are, every BBQ you’ve been to had baked beans stationed next to the grilled corn. And why not? They’re tasty, hearty, and can be made with *minimal* effort. We dug up 15 recipes with flavors ranging from peach-bourbon to cold brew coffee and everything in between. Keep reading to scroll those beautiful bean images and plan out your summer potluck menus.
1. Baked Peruano Beans With Mexican Chorizo: You won’t find a thick, sweet, tomato-based sauce here. These simple baked beans allow the flavors of chorizo, cotija, and cilantro to shine while showcasing the tender slow-cooked legumes. (via Fake Food Free)
2. Baked White Beans With Feta, Garlic Yogurt, and Paprika Butter: Giant butter beans have a creamy richness that makes any dish seem indulgent. Balance that with tangy feta, garlic-spiced Greek yogurt, and a smokey paprika butter that’ll take the baked beans over the top. (via The Cook Report)
3. Baked Black Beans: White beans are commonly used in baked beans, but you’re not a traditional person. Go outside of the box and use canned black beans flavored with red peppers, onions, and plenty of salty bacon. (via Girl Gone Gourmet)
4. Tomato Baked White Beans With Feta and Lemon Parsley Oil: You normally won’t find bright fresh flavors like emerald green parsley oil on top of baked beans. This twist on the Greek dish Gigantes Plaki may be a slight departure from American baked beans, but it’s worth it. (via Bojon Gourmet)
5. Slow Cooker Bourbon Baked Beans: When you think of the baked beans you’ve had since childhood, the memory probably looks something like this. Shake things up a tad by adding in a healthy dose of bourbon and let your slow cooker do all the work. (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
6. Bourbon Peach BBQ Baked Beans: Between the BBQ, bourbon, and fresh peaches, this recipe might as well be the official dish of the south. If the gorgeous summer stone fruit isn’t quite ready yet, drained canned peaches would be a fine substitute. (via Half Baked Harvest)
7. Cold Brew Coffee Baked Beans: Cold brew is THE ingredient of the moment, and lucky for you, it’s delicious infused in baked beans. Enjoy these poolside with an all-beef frank and chilly iced coffee. (via My Modern Cookery)
8. Slow Cooker Greek Baked Beans: Even if you’re pinching pennies, this affordable dish will leave you with money to spend. Serve the saucy beans with a baguette to sop up all of that herbed tomato goodness. (via Kara Lydon)
10. Homemade Baked Beans With Bacon: Have you ever wondered what it’s like to eat like a Brit? Try serving your leftovers of these beans the next morning with eggs, sausage, and toast for an American take on the full English breakfast. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
11. Homemade Vegetarian Baked Beans: How do you get that smokey flavor in your beans without adding bacon? Liquid smoke is the key to making your vegetarian beans taste like they’ve been simmering with smoked meat when they haven’t. (via The Pretend Baker)
12. Quick and Easy Maple Baked Beans: If you’re looking for beans with the perfect balance of sweet and savory, your search is over. Instead of using brown sugar to sweeten your baked beans, give the subtle flavor of maple syrup a try to achieve flavor symmetry. (via Choosing Chia)
13. Mediterranean Baked Beans: Versatility is essential when making a dish on a large scale. These Mediterranean baked beans are studded with cherry tomatoes, olives, and capers, making them fabulous as a side or main course, or repurposed in different ways days later. (via Melly Cooks)
14. Hatch Chile Baked Beans: Finding fresh hatch chiles is like unearthing a rare Pokémon. If they prove difficult to obtain or it’s the off-season, try using a hatch chile salsa in a pinch. (via A Pleasant Little Kitchen)
15. Slow Cooker Baked Bean Trio With Bacon and Peppers: Don’t be surprised if this baked bean trio is cleaned out by the end of the day. (via Good Life Eats)
Follow us on Pinterest for more BBQ recipe ideas!