15 Playful Print Dresses for When You’re So Over Polka Dots
Just as we have an all-encompassing affinity for patterns, we have a soft spot in our hearts for prints, especially those that push tradition to the wayside for their bold moment in the spotlight. And though we’ve been swooning over this season’s standout stripes and florals, we’ve felt a serious jolt from these 15 playful prints that go far beyond the polka dot. From quirky doodled gems to jumping gazelles, brace yourself (and your closet) for a major dose of whimsy — after all, there is a ukulele print involved.
1. Nishe Pineapple Print Skater Dress ($123): A pretty pastel skater dress gets a tropical makeover with this whimsical pineapple print. Rock this right into summer with a teal statement necklace and glittery gold sandals.
2. River Island Chelsea Girl Safari Print Cold Shoulder Dress ($42): For all the fierce black cat ears we saw last spring, we have to say this safari print is way refreshing. Thanks to this off-the-shoulder shift dress, (big) cat lady fashion is now actually cute.
4. Romwe Lions Print Pleated Green Dress ($28): We love how this lion print is tamed by wind swept dandelions. A pleated panel and Peter Pan collar add other girly details to this terrific teal number.
5. Paul & Joe Sister Shirt Dress in Bunny Print ($292): We think that these bunnies might be our new favorite print ‘cause… look! These little furballs make this shirt dress one of the most playful spring outfits around.
6. A Wear Embellished Bow Day Dress ($48): Beaded bows turn this basic cream-colored dress into one of the dreamiest garments we’ve ever seen. Wear it with a pastel cover up to all of your finest spring occasions.
7. Kate Spade Saturday V-Neck Tunic Dress in Jumping Gazelles ($160): If safari chic was a thing, then this tunic dress would be it! Plus, we’re obsessed that this shirttail dress embraces the print-on-pattern trend — it’s everything.
8. ASOS Curve Skater Dress in Cupid Heart ($42): A heart print dress that can go with combat boots and a leather jacket? Our inner punks are loving how this cutesy dress is styled! Just toss on a colorful beanie before you stomp about town.
9. Orla Kelly Lion Doodle Frill Dress ($467): Look closely: You’re observing color block lions in their natural habitat. We’d wear this frilly peplum dress in a heartbeat.
11. Capo May Dress ($90): I think if you look up the definition of “quirky” in the dictionary, you’ll find a photo of a ukulele. It’s a darling print on this dusty blue dress that’s kept hip by matching shoulder blade cutouts.
12. Batwing Sleeve Birds Print Cream Dress ($30): The silky fabric. That slick contrast belt. Those vibrant colors! What’s not to swoon over on this batwing bird print dress?
13. Well-Heeled Dress ($348): Watch as your inner Carrie Bradshaw comes a-running for this epic shoe-print dress. Now all you need to complete the look are a pair of designer pumps (Jimmy Choos, anyone?)!
14. Oasis Butterfly Print V-Neck Skater Dress ($55): It only makes sense that a flowy skater dress and flirty butterfly print would look so darn good together. We just keep thinking how the colors will pop with a red lip.
15. Gemme Dress ($278): Harsh geo shapes and whimsical print can play nice together, and our minds are completely blown. We might never be done drooling over this blinged out fit and flare.
What playful prints will you be rocking this spring? What’s your favorite place to shop for quirky clothing? Tell us in the comments below.