This year, our lineup of must-attend spring events is almost out of control, from constant Sunday brunching to spiffing up for weekend after weekend of weddings (you too?). Just remember, after carefully balancing your calendars comes the fun part: picking out the perfect dress — and we’re here to help with outfit inspo. These 30 high-class finds aren’t just swoon-worthy (you’ll see your fair share of pretty pastels here), they’re worthy to be worn at EVERY spring occasion that came with an RSVP. So now you’re way happy you accepted all those invites, huh? ;)
1. Warehouse Crochet Lace Pencil Dress ($132): With crochet embellishments and a panel of floral lace, you’ll look like a spring beauty in this knee-length number, no matter which color you choose!
2. Meeting Point Dress ($168): Pale chevron stripes give an easy, beachy vibe to this fit and flare dress that can be dressed down with a woven hat or dolled up with a gem-encrusted belt, like the stunner you see here.
3. Kate Spade Saturday Ruffle Sleeve Dress ($170): Usually, we don’t play all that well with ruffles, but the way they’re used as cap sleeves here feels so flirty that we have to let it slide.
4. Trina Turk Anargosa Desert Dress ($65): We’ve found a dress that makes tribal pattern look as chic as polka dots, and we’re never letting go. Never.
5. ASOS Curve Exclusive Skater Dress With Lace ($63): This might be the coolest fit and flare dress we’ve seen all season. The ink blot lace panel is dainty, daring and totally refreshing.
6. Cutting Edge Brocade Dress ($33): Here’s proof that cutouts can actually be classy. Perfectly placed geometric slits add modern flair to this metallic brocade dress.
7. Afternoon Dress in Saltwater Stripe ($110): Striped black and white frocks are way in this season, and out of all the options, our favorite came from Madewell. The sporty crew neck and a thick, defining white waist band were the details that won us over.
8. ASOS Skater Dress With Embroidered Sunflowers ($123): Take note: Square necklines are making a comeback, adding subtle structure to flowy pieces like this insanely cute sunflower-embroidered dress. Oh, and can we talk about the sassy shapes this model is pulling? It almost rivals Angie’s epic Oscars pose.
9. Kate Spade New York Bowden Dress ($398): When it comes to wearing floral print like the modern style maven you are, go big and go bold. This Kate Spade tea dress gets it right with patches of watercolor-inspired buds.
10. Lori Dress ($248): The bright blue color of this lace is completely unreal — it keeps this three quarter-sleeve dress feeling as breezy as ever. A square scoop back adds some fun flair, oh, and that gold bow belt — to die for, but sold separately.
11. Scalloped Color Block Shift Dress ($90): Add scalloped edges to an (almost) LBD and watch the magic unfold. It’s just springy enough, especially with the help of that white yoke, but totally appropriate for year-round wear.
12. Sleeveless Crepe Shift Dress ($135): Whoa, you guys, the mythical “dress that will work at any age” ACTUALLY exists, and this is it! Flowy crepe is figure-flattering for sure, and a subtle keyhole cutout at the bust is a just-right flirty detail. But regardless of age, please rock this piece with a pair of silver pumps.
13. Smitten Organza Dress ($398): Head turned, jaw dropped, dress ordered. Trust us — this ethereal frock with dreamy applique details is worth the splurge.
14. Sparkle & Fade Strappy Shoulder Skater Dress ($44): Channel your inner ‘90s It Girl before you slip into this shoulder flashing dress (you guessed it, it’s a throwback style that’s hot in the ‘14). Thin, geometric straps on the front and back keep the skater dress feeling modern.
15. Ted Baker London Lace Trimmed Chiffon Dress ($275): It’s official: we found pastel heaven on earth. From the peachy chiffon skirt to the sherbert lace that frames the bust… what’s NOT to swoon over on this gorgeous dress?
16. Stripe Pointe Knit Peplum Dress ($148): Breton stripes give an ultra preppy vibe to this knit peplum dress. Rock with a red lip to take the look to the next level.
17. Ann Taylor Silk Georgette Flower One Shoulder Dress ($265): Have you ever seen a more romantic-looking day dress? Never underestimate the power of a chiffon-draped shoulder.
18. Lilly Pulitzer Adelson Pink Swirl Sheath ($35 on Rent the Runway): Loopy pink embroidery breathes fresh air into this structured sheath dress. Keep the look breezy with nude heels and a luminous face.
19. ASOS Structured Skater Dress in Check With Collar ($90): It’s awesome how a modern check pattern can take this sweet skater dress to a super chic place, especially when paired with bold ankle-strap pumps — it’s styled to perfection here.
20. Lipstick Boutique Plus Blue Floral Print Pencil Dress ($113): Don’t be fooled by the pretty pattern on this pencil dress, this frock packs a whole lotta va-va-voom! We’re going ga-ga for the asymmetrical neckline (front AND back) — wear your hair up to flash those fresh deets.
21. Warehouse Organza Hem Shift Dress ($85): Keep it simple with this shapeless shift dress that’s still a standout thanks to its gorgeous teal hue and organza hem. But before you head out, absolutely amp it up with a dramatic statement necklace.
23. River Island Organza Overlay Dress ($132): This darling dress was made for fashion-forward sensibilities, but is still modest enough to be mom-approved (SO important!). We’ll step away while you crush hard on this organza overlay.
24. Shoshanna On A Roll Dress ($40 on Rent the Runway): What makes a peplum even more adorable? Pleats! Oh, and the fact that it’s draped in this dreamy emerald fabric.
25. Trina Turk Walk Like An Egyptian Dress ($65 on Rent the Runway): How bonkers are the linear patterns on this fit and flare number? It’s okay that you’re staring now — just know that all eyes will be on you sometime very soon, too!
26. Sweet Layers Dress ($25): This cropped silhouette is everything (oh, and that lush lavender is pretty good too). It’s an effortless look that’s a must-have for spring.
27. Polka Dot Jacquard Fit and Flare Dress ($198): Like polka dots ever needed a dapper makeover! But now that we’ve seen the glory of silver polka dots on a metallic cocktail dress, we don’t know if we ever want to go back.
28. Kate Spade New York Edith Dress ($428): The notched collar on this simple sheath is dolled up with multi-colored gems, and we just can’t get enough! Rock it with gold pumps to make the look ultra luxe.
29. Elie Tahari Peach Freeze and Painted Layla Neon Trim Short Sleeve Dress ($164): From the front, a sherberty dream. From the back, a color block sensation.
30. Ethereal Embroidered Dress ($28): We’re in love with this next-level shirt dress. With subtle embroidery and a scoop pocket skirt, it’s menswear-inspired fashion at its finest.
Did you find your all-occasion spring dress on our list? Which high-class dresses are you swooning over? What are your go-to resources for finding the perfect frock? Tell us in the comments below.