The 30 Most Perfect Pairs of Spring Flats. Period.
After the long, long wait, it’s official: spring is HERE! And to celebrate the change of season, we’re turning our gaze toward our shoe collection and saying “out with the old” (buh-bye salt-stained shoes!) and “in with the new”: THE perfect springy flats. From souped up smoking slippers to next-level oxfords in bright candy colors that hit at the sunny (and sockless!) days to come, these are the 30 you need this season. Period.
1. Addy T-Strap Flat ($60): What’s better than the bright fuchsia color of these silver t-strap flats? The color’s name: Jazzberry pewter!
2. Sam Pointed Toe Flat ($60): Two of our favorite details — micromesh panels and a scalloped edge — buddy up to make these grass green slip-ons ultra femme.
3. Enji Slingback Flat ($60): We’re swooning over the unique cut of these ankle strap-meets-slingback shoes. Plus that shade of grey can’t get dreamier if it tried!
4. Anya Lace Up Eva Shoe ($225): These leather oxfords do total justice to mens-inspired footwear for gals. Composed of a chic, shiny blush upper that narrows into the most perfect pointed toe, they’re sleek, elegant, and what every other lady’s brogue should look like.
5. Cole Haan Air Morgan Slipper Ballet ($85): How could you not want to slip your feet into these neon-piped slippers? That shade of sherbert is to die for.
6. The Tassie Loafer in Nubuck ($95): End your search for the ultimate loafer now. This chic pair reinvents the classic by mixing preppy leather tassels with a timeless buckskin hue.
7. Lorna Flat Point Slingback ($190): We don’t know if you heard, but this season, teal is the new black. These slingbacks would make an easy swap: they’re modern and totally wearable — what more could you ask for?
8. Shimmered Animalia Espadrilles ($85): Espadrilles go sporty chic, and we totally approve — when do we not give the nod of approval when sequins are involved? ;)
9. Lydia Cutout Loafers ($98): These slitted flats are oh-so-sleek. We’re completely taken with this speckled pair, though the slip-on comes in five other colors and patterns if this micro print doesn’t do it for you.
11. Corso Como Regal D’Orsay Flats ($60): Whoa, studded D’Orsay flats? Whoever made this happen is out for our hearts. It’s the perfect mix of edgy and elegant.
12. Marc by Marc Jacobs Friends of Mine Puppy Slipper ($228): Sorry cat lovers, the feline loafers of Spring ‘13 have been nudged out of their standing this season with these: adorable bulldog loafers. WE’RE calling it puppy love <3.
13. Globetrotters Loafers ($25): Worldly patterns have had a long run in the trend space, and lucky for those with a thing for tribal print (including us!), they seem to be as popular as ever. This loafer streamlines the heritage print with its mirror-like placement.
14. Mezcal Loafers ($165): Hearty suede shoes get a breezy makeover as a serrated edge loafer with woven toes. It’s a new take on a leisure look that we’re just nuts about.
15. ASOS Jacuzzi Leather Flat Shoes ($48): Teal uppers! Powder blue trim! Even the LACES are a sweet shade of petal pink! There’s only one thing left to say: Color block oxfords FTW!
17. ALDO Flat Pointed Yellow Asymmetric Flat Shoes ($95): If you’re searching for shoes that will give you major street style cred, then here’s hoping you’re cool with wearing lime green on your feet. The far out color is panning out to be the It hue of the season, so here’s how we’d rock it: on a trendy double strap flat.
18. Melissa Doris Arrow T-Bar Blush Flat ($125): Remember jelly shoes? They just got cool again, and our fave pair of rubber flats has to be this peachy pair. Come on, rose gold triangle studs on nude t-straps? We’re obsessed!
19. Jeffrey Campbell Lynda Fab Loafer ($135): Here’s another loafer makeover we’re giving two thumbs up. Made of super soft leather and boasting a shiny metallic strap, we doubt there’s any way to make these more luxe.
20. Rachel Comey Acker Oxford ($449): If you’ve never owned a pair of perforated shoes, girl, you’re really missing out on one of life’s little luxuries! Spoil yourself with this hole-y pair that puts polka dots to shame.
21. Report Signature Spike Two Part Flat Shoes ($123): Two-part D’Orsays make the perfect canvas for color blocking, and we love the high-class take on the much-loved pattern. Neutral tones make these flats versatile, while metallic ankle straps seal the deal.
22. ALDO Galiallan Oxford ($40): Lace ups with no tongue? Now that’s a fresh take on the classic oxford! We’d give this cute cutout pair a spin for sure (and yes, the mint green shade definitely helped with that decision!).
24. H&M Striped Ballet Flat ($13): We gotta admit, this mix of preppy colors is one of our absolute faves. Join us in embracing red, white and blue as the ultimate year-round palette with these ballet flats.
25. Mossimo Lainey Perforated Two-Piece Flats ($25): Yes, black flats can work in the spring, and here’s how: Choose a pair in an airy D’Orsay silhouette. Major bonus points for the floral cutouts on these slip-ons — they force an unmistakably springy vibe (in a really good way).
26. Jeffrey Campbell Cache Loafer ($118): Gah! Penny loafers in a see-through neon! Who would dare to wear this insanely eye-catching pair (I would — really!).
27. ASOS Moondance Pointed Shoes ($66): We’re absolutely floored by these sleek segmented flats that take note from fall’s most wearable footwear, the ankle boot. Real talk: These might be coming home with us tonight.
28. Viv Mirror Metallic Bow Flats ($228): If your feet are itching to go metallic this season, spring for a silver pair of flats, like this pointy mirrored pair. The glistening hue pairs perfectly with pastels, dolls up neutrals like a dream and is just all-around cool.
29. Cleo Summer Stripe Loafers ($188): Cross-stitching meets festival wear and we’re never turning back. Brighten up an all-black ensemble with these slip-ons — please!
30. The D’Orsay Flat in Suede ($108): We agree with Madewell: This is THE D’Orsay flat to strut in this spring. Grab ’em now if you don’t have a pair in your closet already (or even if you do!).
What do your must-have spring flats look like? Did you find your match on this roundup? Where do you shop for springy footwear? Tell us below!