The Most Searched Formal Dress Trends on Polyvore
Real talk: Finding the perfect party piece for the rapidly approaching formal season doesn’t have to be stressful. One way to narrow down what you should be looking for? Take a look through the most in-demand dress trends for spring and cherry pick your fave. To help get you started, we turned to Polyvore and collected the nine most-searched styles on the platform, then we shopped out our picks for each. These are the silhouettes that everyone is after right now — and you should be too. Consider this your prom/wedding/party season cheat sheet.
1. Bardot Dresses: Australian trend-friendly brand, Bardot, has been quietly killing the affordable fashion game since 1996. Exploding in the US market in recent years, this label offers all kinds of chic, fast-fashion gems, including this Bella Midi Dress ($119).
2. Appliquéd Dresses: You’ve seen appliqués on everything from denim to sneakers, so why not try it on your cocktail dress? Done in lace, like this Self Portrait Patchwork Mini Dress ($475), the trend is totally party perfect.
3. Short Chiffon Dress: This high-neck Talulah Swiss Dot Mini Dress ($260) in floaty chiffon strikes just the right balance between modest and flirty. Swoon.
4. Cape Dresses: Walk into your event like the style superhero that you are! You’ll need a frock like this Halston Heritage Cape-Sleeve Stretch Crepe Cocktail Dress ($295).
5. High-Low Dresses: Because sometimes you just want a killer dress that also shows off those shoes — so try an ultra-flattering high-low hem like this Betsy & Adam Floral Strapless Gown ($340). Can you say “showstopper”?
6. Off-the-Shoulder Dresses: Get a super-retro, feminine vibe and show off those shoulders in this ASOS Floral Jacquard Bardot Prom Dress ($81). Plus, everything’s just more fun in pink.
7. Bell Sleeve Dresses: Black and white looks anything but basic in this Lauren Ralph Lauren Striped Off-the-Shoulder Dress ($155).
8. Peplum Dresses: A minimalist frock like this C/meo Collective Flawless Midi Dress ($215) gets a feminine update from a frilly peplum. This shape is perfect if you’re looking to add curves (or enhance what you’ve got)!
9. Two-Piece Dresses: When it comes to formal dressing, sometimes it really does take two. This Fame & Partners Blush Metz Two Piece ($299) hits the must-have spring trends of pink and ruffles — plus, you can wear each piece separately when the party’s over!
Which of these looks would you wear? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.