The Most Searched Formal Dress Trends on Polyvore
Real talk: Finding the perfect party piece for the rapidly approaching formal season doesn’t have to be stressful. One way to narrow down what you should be looking for? Take a look through the most in-demand dress trends for spring and cherry pick your fave. To help get you started, we turned to Polyvore and collected the nine most-searched styles on the platform, then we shopped out our picks for each. These are the silhouettes that everyone is after right now — and you should be too. Consider this your prom/wedding/party season cheat sheet.
1. Bardot Dresses: Australian trend-friendly brand, Bardot, has been quietly killing the affordable fashion game since 1996. Exploding in the US market in recent years, this label offers all kinds of chic, fast-fashion gems, including this Bella Midi Dress ($119).
2. Appliquéd Dresses: You’ve seen appliqués on everything from denim to sneakers, so why not try it on your cocktail dress? Done in lace, like this Self Portrait Patchwork Mini Dress ($475), the trend is totally party perfect.
3. Short Chiffon Dress: This high-neck Talulah Swiss Dot Mini Dress ($260) in floaty chiffon strikes just the right balance between modest and flirty. Swoon.
4. Cape Dresses: Walk into your event like the style superhero that you are! You’ll need a frock like this Halston Heritage Cape-Sleeve Stretch Crepe Cocktail Dress ($295).
5. High-Low Dresses: Because sometimes you just want a killer dress that also shows off those shoes — so try an ultra-flattering high-low hem like this Betsy & Adam Floral Strapless Gown ($340). Can you say “showstopper”?
6. Off-the-Shoulder Dresses: Get a super-retro, feminine vibe and show off those shoulders in this ASOS Floral Jacquard Bardot Prom Dress ($81). Plus, everything’s just more fun in pink.
7. Bell Sleeve Dresses: Black and white looks anything but basic in this Lauren Ralph Lauren Striped Off-the-Shoulder Dress ($155).
8. Peplum Dresses: A minimalist frock like this C/meo Collective Flawless Midi Dress ($215) gets a feminine update from a frilly peplum. This shape is perfect if you’re looking to add curves (or enhance what you’ve got)!
9. Two-Piece Dresses: When it comes to formal dressing, sometimes it really does take two. This Fame & Partners Blush Metz Two Piece ($299) hits the must-have spring trends of pink and ruffles — plus, you can wear each piece separately when the party’s over!
Which of these looks would you wear? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)