30th Birthday Pool Party Ideas That Will Make a Splash
Turning 30 is a serious milestone, and certainly an event to mark with an epic birthday party. If you’re still struggling with a theme and your special day happens to be in the warmer months, it’s really a no brainer. Just grab your squad and head to the pool with a birthday-worthy suit, your flamingo-inspired party decor, and a few backyard games. You only turn the big 3-0 once, so crack the Champs and scroll down to start planning a pool party that will make a total splash!
1. Rainbow Balloon Extravaganza: Can we drop everything and join this party? Pull together your own rainbow theme with a ton of colorful balloons, umbrellas, and floats. (via Studio DIY)
2. Pink Flamingo Punch: This is definitely the year of the flamingo. Hop on board the trend with this refreshing punch recipe made with piña colada mix and rum. And don’t forget to garnish with our pink friend! (via Pizzazzerie)
3. Tropical Pool Bar: Set up a backyard bar for cocktails, shots, etc. Then include a tropical print umbrella to keep the bevies cool. (via 100 Layer Cake)
4. Sunnylife Inflatable Pineapple Drink Holder Pool Float ($20): Once the party gets underway, the birthday babe should NEVER have to leave the pool. This pineapple pool float will keep the drinks flowing for you and your squad.
5. Pool Toy Decor: The coolest summer party trick has to be using bright pool toys as decor. We love the simplicity of this idea and think it might make an appearance beyond your 30th pool party. (via Somewhere Blog)
6. Strawberry Mojito Pops: A boozy popsicle that blends one of the best summer fruits and cocktails is a big YAS! Serve these strawberry mojito pops poolside. (via Paper n Stitch)
7. Cool AF Pool Floats: It wouldn’t be a proper pool party without an epic float (or five). (via Brit + Co)
8. Giant Jenga: It’s best to offer guests a variety of activities. Hit up the hardware store and create this giant (and brightly hued) Jenga to inspire a little healthy competition. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. Backyard VIP Lounge: When your squad needs a break from splashing and sunning, they’ll be stoked to head to their very own shaded VIP lounge. To create this zone, pull together some umbrellas, a few picnic blankets, and a collection of bright pillows. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
10. Pool Party DIY Balloon Wall: Don’t forget the photo booth! For a next-level backdrop, craft this balloon wall for major wow factor. Pro tip: Use a helium machine for quicker assembly. (via Oh Happy Day)
11. Flamingo Cake: The big 3-0 deserves a serious cake. And by serious, we mean totally cute. This pool float-inspired cake is made with pink fondant and a giant donut pan. (via Aww Sam)
Are you planning a 30th birthday party? Follow us on Pinterest for more party and gift ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.