The great stretch of pregnancy happens all over your body, but nowhere more than your belly. As your bump grows, and grows, and grows some more, the skin across it is growing too. Even though skin is elastic and can expand, it can feel tight, itchy, or otherwise uncomfortable during those three trimesters. And then there’s the post-partum period: As your belly gradually deflates, the skin won’t necessarily snap back to its pre-baby tightness right away. But there’s no need to stress about your skin. That’s what belly butters are for! Check out these super-soothing, totally must-have belly better options.
1. Lilah James Skincare Mama Belly Butter ($20): With African shea butter, macadamia nut oil, and tamanu oil, this butter tones and reduces the risk of stretch marks. No softening product can 100 percent completely prevent those pregnancy-induced belly stripes from happening. But this does promote elasticity and reduce the redness associated with stretching skin.
2. Glow Organics Belly Butter ($25): Help prevent stretch marks and soothe your pregnancy skin with this organic, vegan, and gluten-free formula. It’s also free from parabens, dyes, sulfates, phthalates, and synthetics.
3. The Honest Co. Organic Belly Balm ($18): This gentle belly butter is packed with nourishing ingredients, such as olive oil, cocoa butter, tamanu oil, and an omega-5 fatty acid complex. If you have sensitive skin, this hypoallergenic formula is for you.
4. The Moms Co. Natural Body Butter ($15): Stop those dry, itchy feelings with this toxin-free formula. It combines shea butter, cocoa butter, and moisturizing oils to help add elasticity and soothe your scratchy skin.
5. Mambino Organics Oh Baby! Belly Butter ($30): Hydrate your parched, stretching tummy with this organic blend. It’s made with organic plant oils and no parabens — making it easy on your sensitive mama skin.
6. Camille Beckman Mom & Baby Balm ($13): Need a belly butter for your post-pregnancy skin, but you also need a moisturizer for baby? This one is it! It’s safe for both mama and baby, making it a double-duty dream.
7. Boppy Bloom Whipped Belly Butter ($15): Not a fan of the greasy, gunky feeling that some belly butters have? This option is whipped to perfection.
8. Mama Mio The Tummy Rub Butter ($36): The Omega-packed blend combines with shea butter to make this creamy “tummy rub” a soothing way to protect your preggo skin against stretch marks and scratchiness.
9. Earth Mama Belly Butter Lotion ($18): This organic option helps to keep skin moisturized and may reduce the look of stretch marks. And, bonus, it comes in a convenient pump bottle!
Do you have your own belly butter recipe? Tweet it to us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via The Moms Co. Natural Body Butter on Amazon)