Celebrate Pride Month With 7 Fashion Finds That Give Back
Pride Month is already in full swing this June, and since rainbow fashion finds have been trending for a while now, the offerings that show your supportive colors are plentiful. But if you’re interested in going one better with picks that are stylish and charitable, we’ve got you covered. Ahead, we’ve rounded up seven styles to shop that give back to LGBTQ+ causes, so you can do good while looking good. Now that’s something to be proud of.
1. J.Crew X Human Rights Campaign “Love first” T-shirt ($35): Not only is this just a seriously cute tee, but when you buy one you help fight for equality. From each sale, 50 percent of the purchase price goes to the Human Rights Campaign, an organization that fights for LGBTQ+ civil rights.
2. Mignonne Gavigan Madison Earrings Pride ($250): Give new meaning to the term “statement earrings.” Throughout June, 50 percent of the proceeds from each purchase of these beauties will benefit the Stonewall Community Foundation, which raises funds to make a difference in the lives of the LGBTQ+ community nationwide.
3. Tamara Mellon Pride 105 – Elaphe ($425): Invest in quality with a pair of statement-making steppers. All proceeds from this style go to the Los Angeles LGBT Center because, as the brand’s site states, “Everyone deserves to love who they want to love, and to be who they want to be.” We couldn’t agree more.
4. Hollister Super Skinny Denim Shorts ($50): One hundred percent of the brand’s Pride Collection proceeds (up to $25,000; Hollister Co. will donate at least $250,000) are donated to GLSEN, an organization dedicated to ensuring safe, affirming, bully-free schools for LGBTQ+ students. After all, the children are our future.
5. Gilt x Trevor Project Metallic Leather Stripe Slides ($60): Gilt got together with LGBTQ+ youth suicide prevention organization The Trevor Project once again, this time with an exclusive line of unisex rainbow-themed apparel and shoes. The collection includes everything from leggings to sandals, and 100 percent of net proceeds from sales will be donated to the Trevor Project.
6. Madewell x HRC Love to All Reusable Canvas Tote Bag ($10): Help the environment and the LGBTQ+ community with an eco-friendly bag. Each sale gives 50 percent of the purchase price back to the Human Rights Campaign.
7. American Eagle AE Pride Graphic Tee ($20): Can we get an AMEN? American Eagle is joining the fight for equality by donating 100 percent of sales from their 2018 Pride Collection to the It Gets Better Project.
How are you celebrating Pride Month? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.