Everything You Need for a 30th Birthday Princess Party
Has your BFF been known to dress up and pretend like she runs the place while tossing glitter and confetti at the crowd? While that’s not exactly cool for a Tuesday evening, her 30th birthday party is the perfect occasion to be the princess she always dreamed she could be. To make it feel less like a toddler’s party, you’ll need a few grown-up touches to ensure it stays legit (read: Champagne and other bubbly beverages). Scroll on for a list of everything you need to host a regal and glittery celebration for your bestie.
1. DIY Sparkly Star Tulle Skirt: At the top of every list should be a great party outfit. This custom-made tulle skirt is the perfect way to kick off the night of her dreams. (via Bespoke Bride)
2. Penny and Gigi 30th Birthday Crown ($15): Kids aren’t the only ones who get to wear cute headpieces for parties. You better believe that a small sparkly crown is not only playful and cute but oddly appropriate for a grown woman.
3. Fancy Pants Store Ltd. Personalized Glitter Cake Topper ($14): A personalized cake topper is not only reusable, but it’s a nice way to make a basic, store-bought cake look like it’s fit for her royal highness.
4. The Fulfilled Shop 48-Piece Assorted Faux Gold Cutlery ($36): Ditch the basic white plastic cutlery and go for the gold. This set may look like the fancy stuff, but it won’t cost you a fortune!
5. Ring Pop Party Favor: When the party’s all said and done, you’ll want people to remember the regal occasion. Gift a little bit of bling encased in a gold box so guests will feel like they’re leaving with their own piece of the crown jewels. (via Martha Stewart)
6. Sea Paper Designs Ava Blush Pink & Gold Glitter Adult Birthday Party Invitation ($3+): You may not be able to have footmen hand-deliver the invites, but a printed invitation through good ol’ snail mail is the 21st-century equivalent.
7. 30th Birthday Cake Smash: Get a super ‘grammable moment with a good old-fashioned cake smash. Just make sure to find a photographer with a good sense of humor who will capture the VIP in all her chocolate and vanilla glory. (via Amy Clemons Photography)
8. The Sweet Party Shop Princess Party Photobooth Props ($11): The right accessories can *make* your event photos. Pick a package with lots of over-the-top glam details like bejeweled specs and glittering crowns.
9. Litchi Prosecco & Rose Water Cocktail: Everything served at the party should be pink and bubbly. This recipe raises the luxe bar by adding in rose water that’s fit for a queen. (via Cuisine Moi Un Mouton)
10. Paris 312 Party 30th Birthday Balloon Bundle ($30): You can’t have a party without balloons. Bundle ’em with loads of ribbons and some sparkly accents that will really shine.
11. Ferrero Rocher Tower: A croquembouche is a French-style dessert and equals all things glamorous. Usually made from choux pastry dough, this decadent dessert can easily be reinvented with a little DIY power using gold-foiled chocolates. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
12. Glitter Stem Cup: Your BFF is gonna dig these plastic cups and their glittery razzle-dazzle. They’re basically the fine crystal of 30th birthday parties. (via Nest of Posies)
13. Little Confetti Co. Blush & Gold Popper ($4): While a princess-style grand entrance with cannons may be out of the question, confetti poppers will happily do the trick. Choose colors that match her coat of arms (or just the colors of the party) and you’re in business.
Show us your princess bash by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.