There’s no need to cry over kissing your 20s goodbye. Hitting the big 3-0 isn’t all that bad, especially when you throw an amazing party! Whip out the balloons and the cake, because we have some killer themes and the coolest photo booth ideas that will all have you saying, “20s who?” After all, you deserve a celebration worthy of 30 years of being you. And, with the ultimate party to kick off the new decade, we think 30 might be your best year yet.
2. LoveStoryPaper Birthday Snapchat Filter ($10): Create a customizable silver or gold Snapchat filter for you and your birthday squad. Because if it didn’t get snapped, did it actually happen?
6. DIY Balloon Chandelier: Nothing symbolizes a transition from your 20s to 30s like a DIY balloon chandelier! Playfully glam up your decor with the perf blend of whimsy and adulting elegance! (via The House That Lars Built)
8. Balloon Chandelier: String your fave photos of you and your friends up to helium balloons to float your memories right over your guests’ heads. They’ll love plucking timeless pics straight out of the air and reminiscing with you. (via Wedding Chicks)
9. Glitter Photos: There are so many good things going on in this party, from the tinsel number 30 to the metallic cupcake liners. Our favorite aspect, though, is the tribute to your memories. You’ve got a lot of ’em, so let them sparkle at your party by setting out old photos as decor. (via Cue the Confetti)
10. Grown-Up Birthday Stout Cake: The Natty Ice that your pals presented to you when you turned 21 might not go over as well these days. But you can still enjoy a cake full of beer in a more delicious way. (via Style Sweet CA)
12. Oreo Pops: There’s nothing like celebrating a birthday with a little reminder of the good old days. In this case, the ’80s! Tag Oreos on a stick with your favorite flashback memories, from Pac-Man to New Kids on the Block. (via Lynlee’s)
13. Funny 30th Birthday Tote Bag ($20): This hilarious tote is here to help if you’re just not ready to let go of 20-something yet.
14. BigDotOfHappiness Custom Kiss Stickers ($9): Kiss your 20s goodbye with a bowl full of legit kisses! Tag ’em with initialed labels, a big 3-0, or other special notes.
15. 30 Wishes: This idea couldn’t be sweeter. Each guest writes out 30 wishes for the birthday girl or boy and ties each to the string of a balloon. Set the wishes free after blowing out the candles for a display no one will ever forget. (via An Open Sketchbook)
16. Cassette Tape Theme: A sweet way to pay tribute to the days before iTunes and CDs — a cassette tape party! And, yes, mix-tapes should most definitely be the party favors. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
18. Clever Marten Dirty Thirty Photo Booth Prop Set ($10): Thirty doesn’t have to be dirty, but it can sure be a lot of fun with these humorous props for your DIY photo booth. If your guests go missing, just look for the flashing camera.
19. Dylan’s Candy Bar Time Capsule ($40): Sweeten the deal by treating your guests to a blast from the past. These capsules are loaded with all the sweet things that everyone misses from the candy stores of our yesteryears.
21. Photo Booth Bows: We can’t get over how much fun these oversized bows are. Put these in your photo booth and they’ll bring back endless reminders of ’80s glam (think Cyndi Lauper). (via The Sweetest Occasion)
24. Oreo Tiered Cake: Thirty doesn’t mean you have to grow up. Celebrate with a favorite childhood treat stacked into a cake. And of course, don’t forget to have cups of milk out for dipping! (via Say It With Cake)
25. Message Wall: This year, skip the birthday cards. Tape black butcher paper to the wall and leave out some metallic gel pens (remember those?) for guests to leave you some epic birthday messages. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
Is it your dirty 30? How will you celebrate? Tag us in your photos @Britandco!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.