30 Ideas for Your 30th Birthday Party
There’s no need to cry over kissing your 20s goodbye. Hitting the big 3-0 isn’t all that bad, especially when you throw an amazing party! Bring out the balloons and the cake, because we have some killer themes, photo booth ideas, and treat yo’ self gift ideas that will all have you saying, “20s who?”. After all, you deserve a celebration worthy of 30 years of being you. And, with the ultimate party to kick off the new decade, we think 30 might be your best year yet.
2. LoveStoryPaper Birthday Snapchat Filter ($10): Create a customizable silver or gold Snapchat filter for you and your birthday squad. Because if it didn’t get Snapped, did it actually happen?
3. TheRocShop Pop Fizz Clink Cupcake Topper ($12+): Sprinkle something extra on your cupcakes with these clever 3D toppers.
4. The Parties That Pop Fiesta Banner ($10): Give ’em something to taco ’bout with Mex-inspired decor. Finish it off with a make-your-own margarita cart for a truly festive touch.
5. LabelWithLove Champagne Bottle Labels ($15+): Cheers in style with personalized wine labels! Customize them with your own quotes to honor your milestone day.
6. PartyHaus Hello 30 Decoration ($13): Nothing symbolizes a transition from your 20s to your 30s like a “Hello 30” balloon display. Drape it over your banquet table for a blend of whimsy and adulting decorative elegance.
7. Perlaospot 30 Something Cake Topper ($17+): Candles are so 29. Now that you’re 30, use something that spells out your age and let that new number light up the night.
8. MailboxHappiness Birthday Cups ($40+): Cheers to a new year with a set of cups tailored to you AND your birthday drink of choice.
9. MaryRoseBespoke 30th Birthday Flower Letters ($40+): You’ve seen the celebs use ’em, so you can too. These birthday flower letters will get your party to A-list status in no time.
10. Milk Bar Birthday Cake ($51): That beer cake tower your pals presented you with when you turned 21 might not go over as well these days. But you can still enjoy a rainbow sprinkles cake that never goes out of style.
11. CMCraftStudio Champagne Bottle Piñata ($35): If you love Champagne as much as you love a good party, put them together with a bubbly theme. The best way to execute? A Champagne bottle piñata.
12. CousinCookies Champagne Cookies ($36): Speaking of Champagne, there’s nothing like using some bubbly- inspired treats to mark the occasion. Pop, fizz, clink!
13. Funny 30th Birthday Tote Bag ($15): This hilarious tote is here to help if you’re just not ready to let go of 20-something yet.
14. BigDotOfHappiness Custom Kiss Stickers ($9): Kiss your 20s goodbye with a bowl full of legit kisses! Tag ’em with initialed labels, a big 3-0, or other special notes.
15. RoseGoldRebel Thirty AF ($16): This idea couldn’t be any cooler. Have each guest rock this ‘Thirty AF’ tee to surprise their favorite gal. Be sure to have the camera ready for a night full of cute pics!
16. ToteoftheDayCassette Tape Coffee Mug ($16): A sweet way to pay tribute to the days before iTunes and CDs — a ‘born in the 80s’ mug! And, yes, this should most definitely be how the party crowd puts back their beverages for the evening.
17. CherCanDoIt Birthday Balloons ($20): There’s no doubt your 20s saw some roaring good times, but it’s time to say so long to those days (while still paying homage to them too).
18. PennyAndGigi Flirty 30 Crown ($15): Today’s your day to be a birthday princess. So it’s only fitting that your attire (or accessories, for that matter!) reflect that.
19. Dylan’s Candy Bar Time Capsule ($40): Sweeten the deal by treating your guests to a blast from the past. These capsules are loaded with all the sweet things that everyone misses from the candy stores of our yesteryears.
20. 72PaperPlanes 30th Birthday Sign ($10+): Shout the truth. You just spent 30 years grooming yourself to reach this level of awesomeness. Say so with a customized sign by the buffet.
21. JamboreePartyBox Number 30 Gold Glitter Cupcake Toppers ($18): We can’t get over how much fun these glittery cupcake accessories are. Put them on display at a serve-yourself station to make a Snap-worthy birthday statement.
22. ShopatBash Thirty Flirty and Thriving ($19+): Talk about a blast from the past. This clever shirt gets the party started with a quote from your favorite sleepover movie, 13 Going on 30.
23. WhiteConfettiBox Birthday Gifts For Her ($39): Take the occasion up a notch by layering decor and gifts together in one box for your beloved 30-year-old.
24. Clever Marten Dirty Thirty Photo Booth Prop Set ($10): Thirty doesn’t have to be dirty, but it can sure be a lot of fun with these humorous props for your DIY photo booth. If your guests go missing, just look for the flashing camera.
25. Lizzylovesletters Birthday Babe Can Cooler ($4): This year, skip the birthday cards. Set out festive cozies for guests to give you some epic birthday toasts with.
26. CheekyZebraCardShop Birthday Card ($4): Having a hard time dealing with entering the new decade? Get the crew to congratulate her in a way that’s more on-point with her pace.
27. CreativePartyDesign Favor Bags ($3): Now everyone can join in the merriment with take-home treats contained in these adorable bags. Bonus points for baking something the birthday girl loves!
28. ChrissyBPartyShop Balloon Garland Kit ($59): If a gourmet brunch with her best gals is more up her alley, then this balloon garland kit is just the ticket to elevate the sweet setting.
29. ConfettiMommaParty 30th Birthday Straws ($9): Create a signature drink for the honorary lady at hand. Of course, this wouldn’t be complete without a classy drink garnish to boot!
30. ArtasoCreativeStore Custom Personalized Birthday Favor Bags ($2): Don’t let the effects of a fun night carry through the weekend. Instead, offer up ‘hangover kits’ to bring your guests back to health.
Is your 30th coming up? How will you celebrate? Let us know @Britandco!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.